http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
As the Production Engineer for this world class manufacturing business your primary function will be to lead cobot innovations cell implementation and identifying assembly automation solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- The design and manufacture of production jigs and fixtures and tools, through in house teams or external suppliers
- To drive and control NPI projects, including set up of production lines and new processes, documentation and training.
- Drive Continuous Improvement activities on existing and new processes and products, through the use of Lean Manufacturing Techniques, and new technology introduction
- To drive and control CAPEX projects, from concept to installation, commissioning and production hand-over.
- HND/ Degree in Mechanical / Production / Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience of Electronics Industry, Cobot Technology, Automotive Industry an advantage, but not essential
- Self-starter – motivated and ambitious
- Good working knowledge of pneumatics and control systems
- PC literate, including ideally AutoCAD and/or Solid works or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing Techniques such as SMED, VSM, Poke Yoke, Kaizen etc. 6 Sigma trained ( either green or Black belt an advantage, but not essential)
- Experience of creating S.O.P’s, Process Flow Charts, FMEA’s and control plans etc.
- Understanding of Quality Systems and techniques
- Knowledge of SAP an advantage
- Ability to demonstrate sound Production Engineering techniques.
- A positive “can do” attitude to work, and the ability to get the job done.
- Ability to work unsupervised and within teams and to achieve targets on time and to a budget.
- A flexible attitude to working hours – weekend and unsociable hours may be required from time to time.
Please not that candidates will need cobot, robot, robotics or similair automation experience.
- Salary to £30k
- 37 Hour working week – with a 1 p.m. Friday finish
To apply for the role of Production Engineer please click ‘Apply Now’