https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Based in Preston, reporting directly to the Operations Manager of this specialist manufacturing business, the position of Production Manager is fundamental in delivering all on-site manufacturing activities in-line with the company’s order requirements, quality standards and cost targets.
As the Production Manager you should hold a degree or HNC/HND in mechanical engineering and/or an engineered manufacturing discipline and have a successful and demonstrable track record of managing high volume, fast moving manufacturing activities in an engineering environment.
Responsibilities as the Production Manager
- Leadership, development, and management of all production employees.
- Delivering and exceeding customer lead-times and quality expectations
- Develop a continuous improvement philosophy.
- Lead and ensure the application of clear standards of labour organisation and control
- Ensure consistent high standards of health, safety and environmental concerns within all production areas.
- Record all non-conformances and quality issues, implement root cause analysis techniques to ensure corrective and lasting remedial actions are implemented.
- Adhering to the Company’s ISO 9001:2015 accreditation
- Ensure high levels of communication and effective working relationships between all internal departments within the company. Fully embracing the company culture and values at all times.
What we’re looking for in the candidate
- A degree or HNC/HND qualifications in a mechanical engineering and/or an engineered manufacturing discipline.
- A successful and demonstrable track record of managing high volume, fast moving manufacturing activities in an engineering environment.
- Commercial and customer appreciation will support your experience in driving and achieving productivity and efficiency gains.
- Awareness and best practice expertise in the manufacture and supply of metallic, industrial rubber and PTFE hose and coupling assemblies.
- Personal attributes of calmness, confidence, flexibility and excellent inter-personal skills. Able to gain respect and credibility at both senior and shop floor level. A natural, pro-active leader with strong powers of persuasion, motivation, determination and resilience.
- Committed to the development of their departmental team members through effective employee development and training.
- A team player that is appreciative of the overall Company objectives and thus being able to work with other departments and their managers to achieve the common business goals.
- Strongly committed to promoting quality, health, safety and environmental standards. Up to-date knowledge of legislative and ISO:9001 requirements in a manufacturing environment.
- Preparedness to ‘walk the job’ and where necessary adopt a hands-on approach.
On offer is
- Salary around to £40,000 pa dependent on experience.
- A holiday allowance scheme with additional days after so many years’ service and a holiday buying scheme in place.
- A health cash plan and a life insurance policy once you join the pension scheme
- Hours of work Monday-Thursday 08:30 – 17:00 with one hour lunch and then Fridays 08:00 – 16:30 with a 30 minute lunch
To apply for the role of Production Manager, please click apply now.