https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
My client based in Bradford are recruiting for an experienced Production Planner/ Scheduler preferably from the Manufacture Assembly sector on a Fixed Term Contract.
The ideal candidate will have relevant and recent knowledge of MRP2 systems, bills of materials, routings, part types, purchase orders and sales orders and have preferably worked in a scheduling support or transactional background.
The successful Production Planner/ Scheduler will play a vital role in the manufacturing operation, key responsibilities will involve extensive liaison with key departments such as Sales, Finance and Engineering providing lead time estimates and ensuring works orders are started and completed on time.
Salary & Benefits:
- £26,000 – £28,000 depending upon experience
- Bonus and pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
- 37.5 hours per week (days)
The successful Production Planner/ Scheduler day to day duties will include:
- Assist and liaise with key departments such as Sales, Engineering, Production, Store/Dispach and Finance
- Support Sales during the quote phase and provide lead time estimates
- Ensure buying decisions are made on time
- Produce routings to enable production works orders to be started on time
- Check MRP requirements for purchased items to be ordered, and late/missing acknowledged dates
- Use Contract Status Listings and update Assembly build order priority
- Arrange stock checks for missing parts and work with Assembly Inspection to raise IRs for lost parts
- Produce list for Purchasing to check JDE requirements against, to use up IBS surplus stock
- Attend Machine build meetings and Pre-Production Meetings and provide monthly sales forecasts for orders likely to be shipped in month
- Provide monthly sales forecasts for orders
- Provide cover support for other Production Scheduling Coordinators and, if required and assist with Additional departmental administration.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software applications. (Excel / Word / Outlook)
- Sound Knowledge of MRP2 systems, Bill Of Materials and Routings
- Background within scheduling support or transactional background
- Excellent organisational and communication skills needed to coordinate work successfully
The successful Production Planner/ Scheduler will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
To apply, you should be an experienced Production Planner/ Scheduler please click on the apply now button to apply for this role.