https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Working for this established and specialist manufacturing business, the Production Planning Administrator will report directly into a Master Production Scheduler.
The purpose of this role is to support the Production Planning Department and specifically the Master Production Scheduler in ensuring all documentation is accurate and issued into production in a controlled and timely manner.
Scope and purpose of the role.
- Accurate and timely compilation, amendment and authorisation of all production documentation in accordance with the relevant planning procedures
- Ensure that all company procedures and standards are adhered to at all times
- Ensure the quality of workmanship is acceptable to the organisation and customer.
As the Production Planning Administrator your duties and responsibilities include:
- Produce and issue job packs and drawings to the Production Management Team, initiating the production process. When there is a requirement for job packs to be amended, retrieve all previously issued documentation immediately and correct & re-issue to ensure minimal disruption to the production process.
- Administrative duties and actions as required.
- Support the Production Planning Department by ensuring all issued documentation is controlled appropriately and documents in circulation are accurate at all times.
- Ensure modifications to job BOM’s are carried out accurately and in accordance with the appropriate authorisation
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with customers, colleagues & the management team
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Planning department.
- Ensure optimum utilisation of all materials and equipment in the daily operation of duties.
Experience and Training
To be successful in the role of Production Planning Administrator you should have a suitable manufacturing/administration background with an emphasis on practical aspects such as data entry and manufacturing data manipulation. Knowledge and use of a PC & MS Office application (particularly Excel) essential. Time spent in the production environment and product knowledge desirable. Knowledge of the Sales and Operations Planning, Job Order Planning and Purchase Order Planning processes would be ideal. Previous customer facing experience would also be beneficial.
Well-developed IT skills, including Word and Excel. A working knowledge of database manipulation and ERP systems is highly desirable
On offer is:
- Salary to £25,000 pa
- Hours of work are 7.00 am – 3.00 p.m. Monday to Thursday and 7.00 a.m.to 2.00 p.m. Friday.
- A comprehensive list of benefits including 23 days holiday per year (plus the bank holidays), pension, free on-site parking and many, many more extras.
To apply for the role of Production Planning Administrator, please click apply now.