https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
A position of Production Scheduling Co-ordinator has arisen within an award winning manufacturer of high performance metal forming and finishing machinery, who are that passionate about their people and what they do, that they have a globally recognised engineering Academy, based in West Yorkshire!
This is an opportunity to join one of the leading names within the industry, known across the globe, and be a part of a team who support each other to get the results they need to be as successful as they can be, in their vital role within the business.
The role / responsibilities
– Liaise with other areas of the business, such as;
- Sales, during the quotation phase & providing lead time estimates; and
- Production, to ensure actions and decisions are made in time to allow Production to commence in a timely manner and;
- Finance to perform standard cost build ups on Make parts to enable Production Works Orders to be produced.
- Expedite parts by working with Purchasing and Manufacturing Production. (Machine Shop/Seamer Tooling and Assembly).
- Work with Stores / Inspection / Despatch departments to arrange picking, packing and shipping.
- Respond to emails from all departments listed in job purpose, solving problems related to MRP for them.
– Produce documentation and plans for certain areas, within a timely manner, and update action through the relevant channels, as appropriate, such as;
- A “packet” containing printed route card list and technical drawing
- Produce Schedules for Bar Stores and Casting Stores.
- Produce MRP Exception Listing spreadsheet.
- Use Contract Status Listings and update Assembly build order priority (EON number in IBS Inventory Master).
- Review and action Engineering Change Notes and BOM-Changes.
- Provide monthly sales forecasts for orders likely to be shipped in month
– Attend Machine Shop and Assembly daily morning meetings providing feedback and receiving requests; Pre-Assembly, Pre-Buy-Off and Wash-Up. meetings and also Pre-Production Meetings and Production meetings to ensure all required tasks are raised, actioned and completed smoothly.
– You will be detail orientated, adaptable and approachable who takes pride in their work and is self motivated
– Ideally you will have worked in a similar environment previously, with knowledge of MRP2 systems, Bill of Materials and Routings
– You will be able to build up effective relationships and have the ability to co-ordinate successfully
If this role is of interest to you and you can evidence knowledge in most of these areas, then please apply now.