https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Production Team Leader – Oldham – Up to £25,000 pa – Days based role
Working for a successful and expanding specialist manufacturing company based in Oldham, you will be responsible for organising your team to machine, assembly and prepare products safely, for ultimate despatch to the customer’s requirements of quality, delivery and specification.
- Schedule and monitor activities of the team to meet hour by hour production plans/ priorities and ensure standard work is being undertaken.
- Carrying out all duties with consideration for health and safety and good housekeeping, meeting 5S audit standards for the value stream.
- Running shift start-up meetings at the area’s cell performance boards, motivating individuals to meet the challenges faced in the day.
- Record machine down time on the maintenance databased and liaise with the maintenance department to ensure resolutions of issues.
- Instigate and participate in improvement activities including kaizen events as and where necessary.
- Resolve employee grievances where necessary and appropriate.
- Carry out and ensure production activities of the team are to the required standards of quality and efficiency, including set up and operation of machines, assembly, recording time and identification of all work carried out.
- Review and authorise pass out and holiday requests from shop flor associates in accordance with company policies and ensuring production requirements can still be satisfied.
- Arrange and monitor the training of shop floor operators in accordance with the production requirements.
- Highly motivated team builder with excellent interpersonal and organisation skills. Self-starter, have a flexible approach to work and have a high degree of initiative.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude and approach are the keys to this role.
- Knowledge of CBS and CBS toolset.
- On the job training will be provided.
- Formal certified training will be provided on site on an on-going basis.
Salary Up to £25,000 pa
Hours of Work: 37 Hours per week. Monday to Thursday 7:30 – 5:15pm (Friday Off)
30 minute for lunch (subsided canteen) and a 10 minute break each day.
7.5% pension contribution
To apply for the role of Production Team Leader please click apply now.