https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Programming Engineer – Bradford – £25-30,000 pa
The Programming, Nesting & MRP Engineer will be an essential team member within the engineering department, being jointly responsible for Punch machine programming, nesting of parts for punching and using the MRP system for the building of “Bill of materials” and parts required list for nesting.
The Engineer will be responsible for:
- Developing best practice through the Radan programming software to ensure nesting of part is achieved in line with business requirements.
- Programming of parts for punching on Amada and Salvagnini to achieve optimum sheet utilisation and best practice.
- Ensure the current “Bill of Materials” on the MRP system is maintained through input of new items and updating of current bill of materials.
- Bringing about a reduction in waste material and process times through the nesting process.
- Ensuring that a daily production nesting program and post processing is available for all punch machines.
- Specification and creation of associated BOM’s.
- Ensuring nesting is as economical as possible, reducing waste materials.
- Complete CAD functions such as drawing, modifying and nesting utilising RADAN software.
The ideal candidate will bring experience in a similar role, with experience working in a sheet metal manufacturing environment and ideally with punching processes.
Experience using RADAN would also be highly desirable, as would knowledge of MRP systems for the creation of Bills of Materials.
Any further experience of CAD packages such as Inventor would also be beneficial.
Salary to £30,000 pa dependent on experience
Working hours 37.5 hours per week
To apply for this position please click apply now to send your CV, or alternatively call Chris Johnson at GPW Recruitment on 01744 452 044.