https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are currently recruiting for a Project Buyer to be based in St Helens on a permanent basis in the Construction industry.
The Project Buyer will report into the Assistant Procurement Manager and will actively support and ensure the efficient running of the Procurement Department. As a Project Buyer you will need to be able to negotiate with new suppliers, assist in the reduction of quantity of suppliers.
This role will require constant liaison with project managers and designers as your internal customer base as well as our Vendor base across many projects with complete ownership of these projects.
You will work with a team of likeminded individuals within a collaborative yet remote environment equally you can have the flexibility to work in the office as required to fulfil your role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for procuring project materials within the budget and project timescale
- Negotiation of new supplier agreements
- To ensure all design sheets are placed in a timely manner with the right vendor at a competitive price.
- Vendor reduction programme
- Responsible for raising purchase orders
- Highlight any design changes and ensure they are re-costed appropriately.
- Liaison with project manager and designers, as required
- The ability to interpret a technical drawing, understand the requirements and then work with our supplier to source the required parts or materials
- An understanding of end to end supplier management processes
- Maintaining the Supplier database/information and managing communication and receipt of terms and conditions supplier PQQs, Bribery policy letters and preapproval questionnaires
- Basic Inventory and Logistics management experience.
Qualifications & Essential Skills
- Ideally a degree or equivalent, related discipline or CIPS in Procurement.
- Relevant experience of working in Construction industry in a similar role.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Close attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven track record in working in a team and across multiple disciplines.
- Appreciation of business demands and working to deadlines.
- Generalist experience in supply chain
- Inventory management experience
- Direct or indirect experience across all commodities within a business, with a proven track record of savings against these commodities.