https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Main Function of Job:
- Develop a working design for projects with full consideration for CDM regulations. Work with clients to obtain necessary approvals in a timely manner.
- Generate production and fitting instructions.
- Liaise with contractors and architects to develop the best solution with full consideration for Health and Safety.
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Autodesk suite of software (AutoCAD 3D, LT, Inventor, Revit etc)
- Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel etc)
- Bespoke Estimating software.
- Microsoft Dynamics.
- A qualification in a technical / engineering subject is preferred, but not essential if compensated by appropriate experience.
- GCSE English and Maths.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a design role within construction, preferably in the structural steel or facades sector.
- Analytical – able to assess information in a variety and formats to derive optimum design solutions;
- Numerate – capable of working with numbers to calculate performance against requirements;
- Innovative – creativity to develop solutions that fulfil the technical and commercial brief;
- Technical competence – capability to digest and apply detailed technical information;
- Self-motivated to work on your own initiative and to foresee potential problems and solutions;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal with colleagues and other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Sales & Estimating to ensure a detailed and accurate brief is developed;
- Liase with the Structural Engineer as required to resolve design issues;
- Prepare drawings for approval and chase approvals where required;
- Highlight any issues (e.g. design changes) that may impact the programme or cost budget;
- Prepare manufacturing details, shop assembly drawings and installation drawings/instructions;
- Assist Project Managers to prepare Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Health and Safety documents, O&M manuals etc;
- Provide Project Managers with updates on design progress and schedules;
- Work with the Design Managers to manage workload and achieve design deadlines;
- Ensure the timely consideration and completion of CDM documentation;
- Attend site (where required) to brief fitters and pass on specific design information;
N.B. In addition to the main duties and responsibilities of your job, you may be required to carry out additional tasks as can reasonably be expected.
- Dependent on experience
- 25 days per annum (3 or 4 days to be taken at Christmas)
Hours of Work:
- 8:30am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday,
- 8:30am – 4:00pm Friday. Half an hour for lunch