Project Engineer (Custom Engineered Products / Composites Materials) required to join a global company in the Oldham / Ashton-under-Lyne, East Manchester area. Salary is negotiable, plus excellent benefits (dependent on experience and qualifications) working circa 38 hours / week (Mon – Fri 8.30am – 5pm, possible flexibility). This is a fantastic opportunity, with security and long term career prospects.
- Negotiable Salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 25 days holiday + bank hols
- Company pension scheme
- Possible overtime
- Profit related bonus
Job Objective: Reporting to the Plant Manager, the main objective of this role is to work to provide the best quality Custom Engineered Products, Converted Items and Services to our Customers and to achieve continuous improvement in all aspects of their delivery.
The successful Custom Engineered Products Project Engineer / Technical Support Specialist day to day duties will include:
- Provide Project based Engineering expertise for all aspects of Custom Products manufacturing and continuous improvement Projects and initiatives
- For each Project; define the Project purpose and objectives, create the plan of action including identification of resources required and schedule of activities, execute the Project, monitor and control the Project time / cost / quality baselines and finally close the Project and document the outcome
- Act as focal point for Global Custom Product integration initiatives that are to be implemented
- Manages New Custom Product Design Definition Process and integration to point of handover for productionisation
- Working as Customer contact to understand their Custom Product requirements and creating value added solutions that satisfy the Customer and add value to the business.
- Prototype Manufacture to develop new products
- As and when required Support Customer on-site visits
- Act as conduit between the Customer requirements and production department to ensure that all requirements are translated into internal documentation
- Responsible for material and labour estimating for all new product enquiries enabling product quotations
- Project Management of key new equipment requirements and installation
- Champion Lean Manufacturing principles during production
- Assist the Plant Manager with KPI reporting
- Primary interface with all company departments for New Custom Product Introduction
- Supporting review and reporting of production efficiencies; plant, resources and material. Driving continuous improvement in all aspects of manufacture by identifying, reviewing and implementing the most appropriate production techniques. Establish a continuous process to validate and improve efficiency within the Custom Products Team
- Identify tools required such as Value Stream Mapping, 6S, Continuous Improvement etc. and introduce, train and integrate them into the organisation
To be suitable for this Project Engineer / Technical Support Specialist (Composite Materials / Custom Products) role it is essential that you have the following experience and skills:
- Experience within a busy Production environment essential
- Previous Advanced Composites industry experience essential
- Qualified to Degree level in materials or engineering or related equivalent work experience.
- Experience of working with Advanced Composites Materials & Processes is essential.
- Technical knowledge and practical skills for Autoclave processing and resin infusion would be advantageous.
- Candidate must be able and willing to travel to visit and work with customers’ onsite.
- Excellent communicational skills (Oral, Reading & Writing).
- Able to work under pressure, excellent problem solving skills and a logical thought process.
- High standard of PC Literacy
- Possess full UK driving licence.
Key Words: Composites, Materials, Engineer, Technical, Specialist, Support, Service, Degree, BEng, HND, Graduate, Manufacturing, Production, Process, Autoclave Processing, Resin Infusion, Vacuum Technology, Oldham, Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, Travel
The successful Project Engineer / Technical Support Specialist (Composite Materials / Custom Products) will need to be flexible as there will be a requirement to work additional hours as and when the business requires and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will also have the relevant qualifications and experience, be self-motivated, able to work under pressure, well organised, analytical, logical, able to communicate at all levels, work alone and also as part of a team and willing to travel.
If you are interested Custom Engineered Products Project Engineer (Composite Materials) role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button