https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
As part of my clients continued growth and succession planning strategies I am looking to recruit a Project Engineer, based in Wigan.
Overview of the role
Responsible for the overall management and success of assigned manufacturing engineering projects from feasibility through design, specification, installation and commissioning.
The role also includes responsibilities for some aspects of maintenance tasks and day to day engineering management at their sites in the UK.
The role consists of
- Preparing and maintaining project schedules and monitoring progress to achieve on time or earlier completion of assigned engineering projects.
- Anticipating and resolving any problems, bottlenecks or scheduling conflicts.
- Giving professional and proactive level of support during large projects.
- Attending meetings giving updates and progress reports at all levels.
- Completing projects within budget.
- Responsibility for carrying out a variety of large and small project/maintenance work from input in design through to installation and commissioning.
- Ensuring all Quality system documentation relating to projects is utilized and completed.
- A positive and responsible input towards Health and Safety on sites.
- Supplying engineering back up to maintenance teams at both of our manufacturing facilities.
- Qualified to HNC/HND or Degree in Engineering discipline
- 4 years’ experience in Project/Installation within industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Computer literate and SAP user knowledge.
- Willingness to travel between sites.
- Ability to deal directly with contractors and work with existing maintenance teams
The role is a great opportunity for someone with ambition wanting to progress their career within a heavy industrial manufacturing discipline.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail please call Carl at GPW Recruitment on 01744 454300 or email cfoster @ gpwrecruitment . co . uk