https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
A customer facing Project Manager is required on a contract or permanent basis for a specialist manufacturer of aerospace products based in Cheshire. An expanding, established and successful world leader in their market sector, manufacturing specialist systems and composite solutions into commercial and military applications.
The Project Manager will be a primary focus for both customer and internal project activities aimed at satisfying all key stakeholder and business requirements, ensuring that projects are monitored and controlled from conception to completion and that NPI (New Product Introduction) is smooth and profitable.
Experience of NPI, working with composites, or working within the aerospace industry, would be preferable, and the client is looking for someone to start ASAP.
To be successful in this role as Project Manager, you should have a projects background (preferably in Aerospace or Engineering) and a skill-set including; budgeting, planning and scheduling coupled with the ability to reason and negotiate are essential. Some knowledge of Commercial and Sales would be ideal.
The Project Manager will be required to spend extended periods of time at a desk using a computer defining plans and schedules and writing reports as well as organising, chairing and attending meetings and taking part in / making presentations. The position will entail some manual handling, lifting and working in a development and production environment. Occasionally it will be necessary to work off-site, including potentially some overseas travel.
- Technically capable with the ability to communicate with all parties regarding the status of projects.
- A person with self-confidence, passion and commitment to inspire others to work towards a common purpose, achieving tangible results. Self-motivation and the ability to initiate change are key attributes
- The ability to conduct and champion improvements to existing and future projects including the ability to reason and negotiate.
- A good understanding of the business environment and ability to interpret design and manufacturing data.
- Well-developed IT skills are essential along with demonstrable competence / familiarity with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. Also, it is necessary to understand the company ERP system.
- The ability to compile comprehensive and comprehensible reports
- The ability to cope with tasks such as assessing customer requirements and giving presentations
On offer is a pay rate / salary commensurate with experience combined with an excellent pension and comprehensive benefits package. To apply for the role of Project Manager please click apply now or feel free to call Chris Johnson at GPW directly on 01744 452044.