http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Are you an experienced engineering Project Manager?
Do you have an understanding of technical materials?
Do you want to work for a UK leading manufacturer of equipment for the lab and process industries?
GPW are looking to recruit a Project Manager who will be responsible for the engineering and management of all aspects of a project from design to customer delivery, inclusive of quotation, product engineering, logistics, and installation & commissioning.
It’s a great opportunity to be involved in the design and development of market leading products for the global market.
- Technical consultation with customers to determine the project specification.
- Agree the design, quality standards, and budget of the project.
- Create quotations and technical specifications.
- Negotiate with stakeholders (clients, subcontractors, and suppliers).
- Manage multiple projects ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget, and meet the customer’s technical requirement.
- Organise and lead work teams, co-ordinating bespoke and NPD project activities.
- Identify problems and evaluate possible solutions to meet the client’s needs.
- Maintain and enhance a productive working relationship with the customer.
- Exchange information, and provide advice to technical and non-technical colleagues and customers.
- Preparing letters documents, test specifications and instruction manuals.
- Oversee installation and commissioning and create the relevant documentation i.e. Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Support for International Sales partners.
Requirements for the role:
- Degree qualified in a scientific/technical discipline including mechanical engineering, material sciences, physics, process engineering or be able to demonstrate work at an appropriate level.
- Basic knowledge of properties and treatment of technical materials (e.g. ceramics, metals)
- At least 10 years’ experience in the field of technically demanding products.
- Must have project management qualifications, Prince2 an advantage, and proven experience within previous roles.
- Knowledge of relevant directives and safety standards is essential.
- An accomplished design engineer with the ability to present technical information to others including mechanical and electrical design draughtsmen.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams including engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing, purchasing and suppliers/sub-contractors.
- The successful applicant will need to have good communication skills as the duties will include liaising with internal departments, have the ability to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision , prioritise work load and the skills to be a good team player.
- Highly motivated with a team orientated work style.
- Must be computer literate. (Word/Excel/Microsoft Project)
- Valid passport holder and clean driving license required for occasional international or UK travel.
A salary of around £50,000 pa is on offer dependent on experience, plus employer pension contribution of 7.5%, incentive scheme, and 25 days holidays (plus bank holidays).
To apply for the role of Project Manager please click apply now.