As a Project Manager, you will oversee all areas of planning, scheduling, coordination of each phase of the project: sales, pre-tender, pre-construction, construction, commissioning, along with managing a team of engineers and subcontractors. Delivering projects on time to budget, customer satisfaction and improved profitability.
As the Project Manager, you will predominantly cover the North, North West and Midlands although the role will involve travel throughout UK.
Due to the technical nature of the role, some 25% of your time as a Project Managers will be spent generating additional sales and revenue for the business.
The Role of Project Manager:
- Responsible for the effective planning, delivery, and documentation of a range of power generation and Combined Heat and Power projects on time and within budget using planning and budgetary experience.
- Commercial responsibility and ownership of project delivery from concept to handover.
- Responsibility for engagement and management of subcontracted services and EPC (Energy Performance Contracts) projects.
- Responsibility for contractual engagement and management of terms and conditions to ensure both parties work effectively to their contractual responsibilities.
- Effective project planning and sequencing of trade teams, commissioning, and handover of projects.
- Close working relationship with the design team to ensure the project specification needs are met whilst coordinating the relevant resources to ensure the project is delivered and all stakeholders needs are reached.
- Responsibility for overall safety management of works whilst working on projects and when required as part of a wider team on site to implement team compliance across multiple trades and disciplines.
- Provide technical input and advice to overcome project and sales issues
- Working with the procurement and sales team to negotiate best price with suppliers and subcontractors and manage value engineering throughout the project delivery.
- Implementation and delivery of the contractual notice and disciplines in place.
- Budget management and evaluation against forecast.
- Ensure all payment applications and variations and notices are clear concise and are submitted on time and within contractual constraints.
- Management and engagement of all subcontractors and trades are approved and have the correct and up to date qualifications and safe systems of work in place to carry out their duties on in accordance with the safety culture whilst ensuring compliance with the CDM and other H&S regulations.
- Coordinate and deliver O&M manuals and training in a timely manner inclusive of a seamless hand over to customer and internal departments.
- Support the sales process, to develop and deliver reliable and accurate proposals in a concise, detailed and accurate manner.
- Develop competitive quotations with enhanced technical and commercial solutions whilst understanding market influences and analysing competitor dynamics.
- Meet bid deadlines or quickly identify where an extension to deadlines may be required inclusive of updating the sales team with possible opportunities or delay risks.
- Maintain accurate records of quotes and technical data relevant to maintenance and overhaul scheduling, contacts and correspondence in the CRM, and company databases.
As the Project Manager, you will need the following skills and qualifications
- Experience within a construction/operational role in the energy, renewables or construction sectors operating multiple high value projects.
- Hands on understanding of maintenance and engine rebuild projects including the mechanical and electrical (415v/11kv) integration of power generation equipment and DNO requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both written and orally, internally and externally.
- Effective analytical skills with excellent performance in MS excel, word and project
- Must possess strong and effective negotiation skills, and demonstrate effective team management, with excellent dispute resolution skills
- Desirable to hold the CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme qualification.
- Aware and competent in the implementation of Health and Safety legislation.
- Ability to prioritise workload and undertakings to deliver projects on time and within budget and ensure customers’ expectations are managed and met.
- Excellent commercial experience and legal understanding of the construction sector.
- A confident and effective communicator at all levels with internal stakeholders and customers
- Excellent listening skills whilst managing challenging and potentially problematic situations.
- Have a tenacious drive to deliver the project on time and on budget.
- Must have a keen attention to detail.
- Essential ability to work as part of a wider combined group, as well as on your own, to manage project demands and outcomes and thrive on an ever changing dynamic.
- Ability to travel within the UK, and from time-to-time internationally, sometimes at short notice, as and when required.
As the Project Manager you’ll receive the following benefits
- Salary £65,000 per annum plus generous car allowance
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid/flexible working
- Company pension.
- Life assurance.
- Income protection.
- Private Healthcare
- Full training program and career development.
- Career progression.
- Access to Perkbox and Employee Assistance Programme.