We are looking to recruit an Assistant Projects Quantity Surveyor for a large Engineering / Manufacturing client based from their head office in the near Chorley.
This is a full time permanent position (Monday – Friday) within a fantastic organisation with great benefits.
The succesful candidate will support project delivery teams throughout the business in all commercial and contractual administration activities that are required.
Other Areas of Responsibility
- Administration of monthly payments (Applications, certificates and invoicing)
- Preparation of CE quotations including demonstration of the entitlement principle.
- Support the PM with interpretation of the contract and Works Information.
- Support the PM with management of Risk, whether a known risk stated, or a new risk that arises (This should be captured via the EWN process.)
- Overview and audit of the Change Control procedure. This is particularly important as this procedure includes important information for senior management review. This would include documentation such as the Change trackers, overspend notices and details of recoverable and non-recoverable overspend as well as adverse schedule impact.
- Facilitate regular Project and Portfolio Risk Reviews (terms of reference to be agreed to maintain continuity across the project portfolios)
- Facilitate regular review of change tracker and CE/ EWN status (terms of reference to be agreed to maintain continuity across the project portfolios)
- Attendance at Operations and Weekly meetings
- Attendance at client progress meetings
- Provide commercial support and guidance to tenders
- Liaison with Manufacturing team to ascertain progress and production issues
- Support in Commercial procedure implementation and audit.
- Compliance with company procedures and policies.
- Display a professional, acceptable attitude and image for all work associated with and undertaken on behalf of the company.
Desirable / Essential Skills & Experince
HNC or above in Quantity Surveying Or Similar – Desirable
Ptrevious exoerince within Nuclear or a Manufacturing environment – Desirable
Previous and recent exoerince in a similar role – Essential
In return you will receive a salary of circa £28,000 – £30,000 Per annum (based on experince) plus other benefits that include 25 days paid holidays plus bank hoidays, subsidised healthcare and an early finish on Fridays.
To apply please click “Apply Now”!