Working for this a long established, niche manufacturer as the Purchasing Clerk you will report directly to the Purchasing Director and will enjoy a varied role with a good level of autonomy.
Duties will include:
- Ordering Raw Materials, packaging, work wear and H&S equipment from established UK and Overseas suppliers via email and telephone.
- Involvement in identifying and establishing new supplier contacts.
- Inputting incoming goods, in process materials and finished products into the company’s materials databases.
- Recording, updating and maintaining supplier contact, pricing and product range files.
- Involvement in manufacturing scheduling to enable alignment of material deliveries to coincide with production requirements.
- Production of in house manufacturing labels and batch sheets.
- Working with the company’s ISO Registered Quality Department to ensure timely receipt of Supplier Certificates of Conformity and maintenance of the Annual supplier approval systems.
- Main reception and telephone answering duties.
- General filing duties.
- Processing of site utility information
- Generation of sales invoices to accompany shipment of goods
- Management of stock via database and stock input from quarterly stock take
- Liaison with accounts department to process purchase invoices
- Highly motivated and self-reliant, you will have previous experience of working as part of a team preferable in a busy manufacturing environment.
- Able to manage your own work load, you should possess knowledge of standard computer systems including word and excel, familiarity with additional databases such as Access would be beneficial.
- Ability to liaise with external partners and suppliers in an efficient and friendly manner both face to face and by telephone or email would be desirable.
- Salary: £242 per week
- Part Time Permanent Position
- Hours: 23 per week over 5 days (working pattern to be agreed)
- Holidays: 152 hours per year based on an inclusive 33 days per year entitlement
- Contributory Pension Scheme and A Profit Related Bonus System
To apply for the role of Purchasing Clerk (part time) please click apply now.