http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Due to a significant growth from 300 to 550 employes this year, my client is looking to recruit a QC Manager. This role is ideal for somebody looking for a chellenging opportunity. In return you will receive a generous salary, 15% annual bonus and job security.
- Working within an existing inspection team to continually improve the Quality of business processes & products by identifying opportunities and implementing change that significantly contributes to the overall success of the organisation.
- To support the overall culture transition to one that ensures process owners build Quality into their processes and designs.
- To identify and implement significant projects that improve the overall productivities of ‘Inspection’ within the organisation.
- Manage and develop Quality KPI’s – drive high impacting projects utilising your team.
- Identifying CAPEX opportunities for improved in-line inspection.
- Ensuring that all managers, process owners and supervisors develop and maintain their part of the quality management system by development of their awareness within the management system.
- Involvement in developing the quality goals and targets in the organisation’s strategic plan.
- Monitor and advice on how the management system is performing, which often includes the publication of statistics to the senior leadership team regarding company performance against set measures.
- Continual enhancement of the quality culture and use of quality tools within the business to increase the rate of improvement.
- Determining how customers’ expectations will change over time (internal and external) and what the organisation needs to do to meet these changing expectations. Additionally he/she will be responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of a customer-focused culture within the organisation.
- Manage / develop Q KPI’s across the business examples;
- Management of the Calibration system
- Management of departmental objectives to support business goals.
- Any other reasonable & relevant duties as requested by the Head of Quality.
- Strong knowledge of root cause problem solving and process control techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical engineering principles.
- Strong working knowledge of engineering production techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of ISO 9001& 14001 fundamentals
- Knowledge of machining. fabrication, welding, sand/die casting etc
- Knowledge of SPC
- Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Awareness of electrical design, pneumatic system design
- At least 5 years’ experience within a complex design to order organisation
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a Quality professional at Managerial Level
- Internal & External auditing experience
- Experience of driving high impacting initiatives through an organisation.
- Experience of NPDI process
- Experience of an organisation going through a culture change.
- Degree qualification in a Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Formal Quality training / development e.g. CQI
- IRCA certified trained auditor
- Ability to read / interpret engineering drawings
- Microsoft Office computer literacy, pivot tables etc.
- Ability to diagnose and identify causes of manufacturing faults
- Report writing e.g. justifications, initiatives etc.
- Able to be agile based on changing priorities – strong team player.
If you are interested in the role, please press apply now.