http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
QA Inspector / Quality Engineer required immediately for an urgent temporary position in the Wrexham area. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience & qualifications) and the client may consider candidates seeking a F/T or P/T role. The ideal candidate will have completed an apprenticeship as a Tool Maker or Precision Machinist before moving into a quality role.
The successful QA Inspector day to day duties will include:
- Following engineering drawings to measure and mark out various size of mechanical precision parts and Inspecting these against technical drawings or information
- Measuring components using precision measurement instruments such as micro meters, gauges and Vernier callipers and a CMM machine to check the parts dimensions
- Operating the CMM machine to take accurate readings from components to produce accurate data. If needed we will provide training.
- Using 2D and 3D computer aided design and manufacturing software (CAD/CAM)
- Assisting with tool maintenance
- Compiling reports & communicate none conformances with purchasing/ suppliers/ manufacturers.
- Recording results of inspection on Inspection Reports.
- Adding the required identification markings for any components that have passed or failed the inspection process.
- Checking that all measuring tools are calibrated in accordance to ISO 9001 standards.
- Training apprentices.
To be suitable for the QA Inspector role it is essential that applying candidates must have:
- Completed relevant appreniticeship
- Recent experience as a QA inspector in an inspection department.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, able to adopt behaviour to achieve results.
- Good ability to understand technical drawings, GD&T, specs and component design.
- Able to operate a CMM
- Excellent PC literacy
The ideal QA Inspector will have the following experience / characteristics:
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000 would be advantageous.
- Experience as toolmaker or in a Quality Inspector role, ideally within the precision component manufacturing industry.
- High attention to detail, accurate and able to solve problems
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
Key Words: Quality Inspector, QA, Mechanical Inspection, QC, ISO 9001, Quality Technician, Toolmaker, Precision Machinist, ISO9100, Inspection Report, Auditing, Manufacturing, Assembly, Production, Chester, Wrexham
The successful Quality Engineer / QC Technician will need to be flexible and work to the requirements of the business as required. You will have had experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Quality Engineer / Quality Technician role and have the required experience please click the apply now button.