https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Quality Control Inspector required for a permanent position to join an established precision engineering company in the Skelmersdale, Wigan area.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary – £12 p/h increasing to £12.50p/h
- Quarterly Bonus scheme
- 23 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Monday – Friday 8am – 4.30pm + occasional overtime
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure the quality of work undertaken meets or exceeds customer expectation.
- For production of customer stipulated quality documentation and correct supply with processed items.
- For ensuring that inspection and testing procedures have been adequately documented in accordance with the quality plan.
- Working with CMM Machines and reporting.
- For reporting all instances of NC and report findings.
- Documenting and updating computer records with details of all Inspection Results obtained.
- For signing off Certificate of Conformity and NC reports together with compilation of customer required documentary packages.
- Ensuring inspection equipment in a known state of calibration is used for checking customer product.
- For ensuring that the unique identity and status of products handled is maintained · For working safely and following company safety codes.
Required experience and skills:
- Completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship as a Quality Inspector, Tool Maker, Jig Fitter, Mechanical Engineer etc.
- Recently worked in a precision engineering environment
- CCM Inspection experience
- Able to read engineering drawings
- Excellent communicational skills (Oral, Reading & Writing) and able to liaise with clients face to face, by telephone or email.
- High standard of PC Literacy (MS Office) and able to using metrology / measuring equipment.
- Excellent problem solving, organisational and planning skills and a logical thought process.
The successful Mechanical Quality Control Inspector will need to be self-motivated, who is proactive and has a flexible approach with a positive work ethic. You will have recent experience of working for a manufacturing company and inspection experience.
To apply, please click on the apply now button to apply for this role.