http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
- Are you an experienced Quality Engineer looking for job security? My client is looking for a Quality Engineer to join their expanding team in the Darwen area. The company is in need of new staff due to the increase in work load.
- To improve internal and external quality performance of the business and supply chain by systematically reviewing and targeting improvements in the manufacturing and quality processes. Work closely with all internal departments, including engineering, manufacturing, planning and programmes in the investigation of process issues and coordination of activities to address root causes and improve process repeatability. Coordination of Internal and External (Customer & Re certification) audits to ensure that the business complaint is at all times to AS9100 and specific Customer requirements.
- Be able to understand and interpret customer engineering data such as drawings, conditions of supply and specifications.
- Chair the internal MRB (Quality Clinic) and coordinate activities in support of 8D investigations, root cause analysis, corrective actions, and preventative measures and ensure that all actions are completed in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with internal departments carrying out investigations into product non conformance using appropriate problem solving tools (eg 8D, 5 Whys, FMEA, cause and effect diagrams etc), monitoring effectiveness of corrective actions implemented and maintenance of appropriate records.
- Update the Internal KPl’s and present to the management team on a monthly basis for review and action.
- Continually reviews KPl’s and identify problem parts, processes, resources (people and equipment) and discuss improvement opportunities with the management team.
- Where necessary, undertake 6 Sigma improvement projects to address specific high profile quality issues. Pull together the necessary resources and commitment from the internal departments and drive improvement activities.
- Liaise with suppliers and customers on company / quality related issues and coordinate timely responses.
- Coordinate all external audits and provide satisfactory responses to any NCRs raised.
- Carry out internal OMS audits, ensure that any NCRs raised are satisfactorily responded to and to verify the effectiveness of resulting corrective actions.
- Raise concession requests submit them to the customer and ensure that they are processes effectively including responding to requests for further information and that any concession requirements are implemented.
- Challenge the existing Quality processes and the development of new inspection processes and methodologies towards industry best practice, including Process Capability.
- Involvement in continuous improvement process initiatives and improvement working groups.
- Where required, assess quality aspects of new bids, contracts and purchase orders.
- Representing the quality department / company at internal and external meetings.
- Suitable experience in engineering or other relevant discipline.
- 5 years aerospace background and well versed with inspection and investigative methods.
- Experience of geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing, quality tools and techniques (e.g. RCCA, Six Sigma methodologies).
- Experience of Cl / Lean Manufacturing
- Experience of machine tools and manufacturing techniques
- It is desirable to be experienced as an AS9100 lead auditor.
- Six Sigma, Process FMEA, investigation tools such as 8D
- Experience of creating and submitting First Articles to the customer
- MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc; ERP/MRP systems.
- Full-time permanent position
- Week Day’s Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week.
- Job location: Darwen
- Salary is negotiable dependant upon experience
Candidates should be flexible, and have a willingness to work overtime, which could be a regular requirement
If you are interested in the role, please click apply in the first instance.