https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Our client is a world class, successful and expanding manufacturing business
As the Quality Engineer you’ll provide support to the Quality Manager in improving delivered product quality. To take on this role you’ll need a dogged approach to data driven problem solving, a sound knowledge and experience in electro manufacturing and knowledge of production quality control.
- Review all Manufacturing processes with the objective of error proofing processes to assure quality.
- Assist the Quality Manager in managing continuous improvement activities.
- Coordinate problem solving activities and be able to use accurate data to drive improvement initiatives.
- Reduced OOB failures at retail customers’ assembly plants.
- Improved line efficiency.
- Provide audit trail for process changes.
- Review all processes in place with an objective of improving safety quality delivery cost and growth.
- Liaison with Engineering, Technical Services teams and suppliers to create a clear understanding of quality requirements (planning).
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Ensure project objectives (quality objectives) are achieved.
The candidate will need
- Process engineering experience, knowledge of moulding processes, metal processing and loom manufacture. Must also understand interactions with s/w controls. Must be able to measure and confidently challenge process controls.
- Experience in a complex Manufacturing Environment.
- Formal qualifications in a relevant engineering disciplines, minimum HNC or substantial technical experience in process / quality management.
- Strong people management, communication and interpersonal skills, strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task. Must have a high level of self-motivation, be dynamic and get in/out of the detail.
- Must be able to cope with pressure and be capable when debating results. Must be responsive to a fast moving and changing environment. Able to make a decision confidently.
- Able to make oral and written presentations. Be able to confidently present opinions and thoughts in a clear, unbiased manner.
- Must be capable to win peoples support.
- PC literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Minitab (SD).
- Must have a good knowledge of SPC/Process capability and reliability measures/Pivot tables.
- Must know of the basic quality improvement principles. To have excellent problem solving and analysis skills and know the techniques in detail.
- Must understand the supplier/process/customer requirements and interactions and control as necessary.
- Support innovation, promote process Improvement and understanding of the Kaizen activity.
- Salary to £36k
- 37 Hour working week – with a 1 p.m. finish
To apply for the role of Quality Engineer please click ‘Apply Now’