Working for this established and international manufacturer as their Quality Manager, you will ensure that policies and procedures meet with the applicable industry standards and that products are inspected and tested effectively in a timely manner. Responsible for ensuring any internal or external nonconformities are identified and contained as part of the mapped process for control of non-conforming products.
You will be expected to define and maintain the business Quality Management System (QMS) with a focus on continuous improvement of the company and products.
Responsibilities as the Quality Manager
- Deployment and responsibility for company compliance with the QC standards
- Managing the accreditation and compliance process to Pressure Vessel Directives (SELO, ASME & PED etc.)
- Approval and management of ITPs in accordance with internal procedures and customer specifications
- Manage the deployment of FAT / SAT product acceptance criteria in conjunction with design engineering teams.
- Managing the NCR process both internally and within the supply chain
- Co-ordinate NCR reporting and the timely implementation of CAPAs.
- Supporting the Procurement Manager with supplier QC processes
- Providing direction and mentorship to the Engineering and Project Management functions
- Leading change and integrating best practice
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time.
The successful Quality Manager will need:
- Effective communicator with the ability to lead and manage people.
- Team building skills.
- Deliver excellent customer satisfaction by continuously meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Understand customer needs and develop interventions to fulfil requirements.
- Ensure excellent service delivery through operational excellence.
- Good Knowledge of pressure related products
- Ability to read and understand complex P&ID’s
- Time management and organisation skills.
- Able to work alone using own initiative, but also integrate well within a team where joint discussion is important.
- Able to communicate effectively regarding matters of a technical nature to customers, both internal and external.
- Willingness to learn, expand existing knowledgebase and adapt quickly in an ever changing, developing environment.
- Prepared to be flexible on working hours to meet deadlines & travel to customers (potentially globally).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong personality to drive targets to ensure deadlines are achieved.
Experience & Qualifications required by the Quality Manager
- Proven working experience in a Senior Quality Management role
- Experience working with bespoke systems / machine design and manufacture.
- Industry experience: custom machine design / high pressure systems.
- Salary to £50,000 pa + benefits
- 5 hour week
- Office based (no hybrid working)
- 25 days holiday
- Standard Pension contributions
To apply for the Quality Manager role please click apply now