https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Quality Manager with recent experience in the FMCG sector and extensive experience of developing and managing QMS and Audit Processes is required for a permanent role for a European company based in Wigan, Lancashire area. Salary is £40,000 – £50,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications) The Quality Manager will be working Mon – Fri days, circa 37.5 hours. This is a fantastic opportunity, with security and long term career prospects.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary £40,000 – £50,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 25 days annual holiday plus 8 bank holidays per annum
- Company Pension Scheme
Job Objective: Responsible for leading the site quality and product safety agenda, ensuring the full deployment of the quality strategy and product safety, systems and processes to ensure product quality, safety and legality. Working closely with the Site Operations Director to ensure processes and activities have clear standards which are met rigorously and continue to be developed in line with best practice. Promote and deliver a quality and product safety improvement mind-set, supporting CI activities across the whole site.
The successful Quality Manager to day duties will include:
- Manage the day to day activities relevant to Quality and Product Safety, coordinating activities required to meet Company, Plant, Stakeholder and regulatory quality standards.
- Ensure compliance with specific external and internal standards including BRC, ISO 9001.
- Manage and improve procedures, documentation & auditing of the management system. Work closely with operational and technical colleagues to ensure understanding and responsibilities.
- Understand the needs and expectations of our stakeholders regarding product safety, legality and quality, ensuring these expectations are a core part of the quality and product safety management system.
- Ensure the internal audit schedule is kept fully updated and all recommendations and NCR’s are relayed back to the relevant business areas, actioned and closed off and effective.
- Ensure the site is always at ‘Audit Ready’ status.
- Effectively investigate and process complaints, managing the process for any corrective and preventative action.
- Develop and maintain quality and food safety metrics and reporting for both internal and external purposes including complaints, internal NCR’s, in-house rejects, customer returns and cost of all errors and waste.
- Together with Line Managers, identify training needs to meet quality and food safety requirements and deliver or coordinate internal training where appropriate.
- Regularly communicate with Operations regarding quality and food safety issues, attending daily operations meetings to report any relevant issues.
- Represent the Quality Department within the Site Leadership Team, playing a full part in the delivery of the site strategy and budget.
- Help develop a culture of compliance and continuous improvement across the site.
- Continuously develop own knowledge on best practice, networking with colleagues throughout the organisation and by keeping abreast of industry and legislative developments.
To be suitable for this Quality Manager role it is essential that you have the following experience and skills:
- Proven track record as a Quality Manager within a QMS environment.
- Detailed knowledge of working under ISO 9001, BRC and food safety standards.
- HNC or higher Quality or Engineering qualification.
- Production capability & manufacturing processes
- Quality and process control in a customer oriented facing role
- Certified Internal Auditor Status.
- Ability to create Quality Management Documentation (Policies/Procedures/General Instructions).
- Excellent communicational skills (Oral, Reading & Writing) with the ability to influence and motivate people
- High Standard of PC Literacy.
- Knowledge of CI / Process Improvement / problem solving techniques such as Kaizen, Six Sigma, 5S, 5Y, 8D etc.
To be more suitable for this Quality Manager role you will have the following experience / qualifications:
- Degree qualified in Quality or Engineering discipline.
- Member of CQI (Chartered Quality Institute) or similar quality chartered membership
- Lead Auditor status and experience
- Experience of working in the paper, cardboard or packaging industry.
Key Words: Quality Manager, Quality Engineer, QMS, Quality Management System, QA, QC, ISO 9001, BRC, SPC, Auditor, Lead Auditor, QSE, HSEQ, Document Control, Audit, Continuous Improvement, Engineering, Manufacturing, FMCG, Paper, Packaging, High Volume, Continuous Production, Wigan, St Helens, Liverpool, Warrington, Lancashire, Merseyside
The successful Quality Manager will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in this Quality Manager role and you meet the essential requirements please click the apply now button