GPW are recruiting for a Quality Support Technician on behalf our client, who are a global market leader in their field, on a fixed term contract basis up until March 2022 in Hucknall. Salary is up to £35,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications) The Quality Support Technician will be working circa 37 – 40 hours (Mon – Fri Days) + occasional O/T.
You will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days annual leave ( pro rata) plus bank holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, Perks Hub, wellbeing and EAP online hubs.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Quality Support Technician, you assist with complete physical audit of all the tools requiring calibration within the designated area. Any tools that are found to be out of calibration, work with Calibration champions to issue to calibration. Your daily tasks will include:
- Use the information gathered during the audit to update customer data base.
- Provide Production Leaders with a list of items that are currently listed as ‘out of cal’ but after investigation have been found to be either no longer used, lost or previously scrapped off.
- Inactivate/bond tools that are either lost or no longer required using appropriate customer forms in order to reduce unnecessary inventory.
- Assist with summarizing cost saving achieved through inventory reduction.
- Work with calibration champions to identify and purchase critical special to product equipment to ensure continuation of use during calibration period.
- Close business specific error reports and purchase replacement equipment.
- Advise Production Leaders if there are insufficient numbers of calibration champions per shift and provide training if required.
- Build working relationships and continue to provide support to calibration champions post moving on to support new departments.
- Where necessary, attend regular meetings with Production Leaders and Calibration champions to ensure any problems are dealt with effectively.
What are we looking for?
Our ideal Quality Support Technician, you will possess calibration knowledge or industrial inspection alongside experience/knowledge of quality process management. You will also have:
- Attention to detail and IT literate with experience of MS Word and Excel.
- Must be a self-motivated and team orientated.
- Experience of working with minimum supervision in a busy and demanding environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and able to perform multiple tasks efficiently and in line with specific timelines.
- Ability to process solutions in the event of gauge failures is desirable.
- Min of 3 yrs experience working in a similar role for an large Logistics organisation
- Experience of import/export legislation.
- Familiarity with new Brexit legislation.
- Experience of managing support for numerous sites.
- Knowledge of QA systems such as ISO 9001
- Ability to manage third party in put such as; clients, regulatory bodies regarding import and export requirements.
- Strong communicator
If you would like to apply for this role, please click apply on this advert.
Due to the demand for this type of role, we may not be able to speak to all candidates so please accept our apologies if this is the case.
You will be contacted within two working days if your application has proceeded to the next stage.