http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
- Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor? My client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their expanding team in the Harrow area. The company is in need of new staff due to the increase in work load.
- Reviewing and negotiating Contract conditions with Client.
- Preparing and updating Budgets and issuing to the various project departments.
- Preparing and agreeing Valuations / Applications for Payment in accordance with the Contract.
- Monitor incoming Client and Site Instructions, action as required and distribute to Project Team.
- Raise Early Warnings and Pricing Variations; price implications from first principles and pursue agreement of recovery.
- Attending client and project meetings, including meeting the client’s quantity surveyors on a regular basis to review, negotiate and agree the variation account as the project progresses.
- Working closely with the design team, site and project managers on the running of various contracts.
- Continuous monitoring of project budgets, performance and costs from start to completion.
- Prepare fully substantiated claims for loss and expense, prolongation/extensions of time, acceleration and additional costs where appropriate
- Producing monthly cash flow forecasts and Cost Value Reconciliation for Senior Management
- Sub-contractor Supply Chain Management- Preparing procurement documentation (vetting, insurances, sub-contract terms etc.) and the overall commercial management of Sub-contractor accounts and payments.
- Dealing with Retentions, NCR’s and Collateral Warranties.
- Reporting to the Financial Director & Commercial Director
- Assist the Estimating Department with tendering projects as and when required.
- As the Company’s Quantity Surveyor; you have been given authority and resources, including time to carry out your responsibilities.
- You are responsible for collating, analysing and reporting on the costs and value associated with a project, including ensuring accurate cash flow reporting takes place.
- You are responsible for helping to ensure that any main contracts entered into have terms and conditions that are appropriate, along with any commercial risks identified. You are to adhere to the strict regulations and deadlines which govern every aspect of each construction contract.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the supply chain are engaged appropriately with the correct contract terms and conditions.
- You are expected to liaise with the client, client representatives and other third parties on commercial issues, including agreement of variations, claims and additional payments, whilst building and maintaining good client relationships.
- The Company has personal appraisal systems in place, performance of your responsibilities within the Integrated Management Systems and the above mentioned Reference Document are included in the Companies appraisal system.
If you are interested in the role, please click apply in the first instance.