Our client are a leading roofing, cladding and rainscreen contractor based on the Cheshire, Flintshire border currently looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business and the opportunity to work on a number of exciting upcoming projects on both new build and refurbishment projects. You will be responsible for projects across the North West, North Midlands and Wales with values of up to £5m.
- Responsible for the financial control of projects up to £5m using JCT and the NEC suite of contracts.
- Reviewing and negotiating subcontract documents, including collateral warranties
- Applications for payment in accordance with contract terms and conditions
- Production of monthly cost reports and forecasting
- Preparation of delay notices in accordance with contract terms
- Processing subcontractor payments
- Picking up and valuing variations
- Settling final accounts with main contractors
- Site measures
- Office based role with occasional travel to site (pool car provided)
- Minimum of 5 years working as a project/lead surveyor
- Ideally you will have experience both working for a main contractor and subcontractor as well as roofing/cladding experience.
- Previous experience with roofing cladding and rainscreen systems
- Previous experience working with JCT and NEC suite of contracts and collateral warranties
- Estimating experience would also be of benefit
- Previous experience as a main contractor QS might be advantageous
- Annual performance based bonus
- 22 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional holiday accrual every 5 years of service an extra 1 day holiday, up to a maximum of 5 extra days
- Company Pension scheme
- Annual company events
If you are a Quantity Surveyor currently considering your career options please contact Claire at GPW on 07391 869 580