http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and talented Raw Materials Buyer to join a well-established and yet rapidly growing specialist manufacturing/engineering company based in Lytham.
As the Raw Materials Buyer you will lead, facilitate and pro-actively drive all material supply chain activities, ensuring that all business activities are ethical, whilst ensuring best practice and adherence to all HS&E and quality policies and procedures.
- Proven experience in purchasing management covering a diverse global engineering environment
- Proven experience of driving both new and existing accounts, whilst maintaining margins
- Passionate and tenacious approach to service, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and coordinate activities through all departments – good relationship builder both internal and external
- Excellent negotiator
- Excellent numerical skills – understand and deliver margins – financially astute
- Tenacious approach to closing deals
- Good analytical approach to prioritising opportunities
- Willingness to travel
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure, prioritise and multi task
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- IT literate – ERP/MRP conversant
- Entrepreneurial attitude – thinks outside the box
- Manage scrap efficiently & cost effectively
- Experienced Buyer
- Comprehensive knowledge of purchasing tools and techniques
- Ability to generate RFQ’s and understand margins
- Lean manufacturing – six sigma
- History of achieving results
- Skilled time served background – engineering discipline
- Good communicator
Principle Job Accountabilities:
- Maintain proactive, dynamic and effective communication with suppliers at all times
- Sourcing of new raw material suppliers
- Monitor OTD’s, analyse and report the root cause of any late deliveries
- Work with production & quality on any defect raw materials
- Adhere to all company Quality and HS&E requirements at all times.
- Deliver raw material ‘cost down’ activities – in line with margin expectations
- Take ownership of raw material inventory levels & integrate with ERP system schedules
- Drive to and exceed KPI targets – delivering timely communications to management team including: key measures – events – supplier activities.
- Deal with queries on pricing and shortage issues
- Contribute to all applicable production meetings and contract review meetings
A salary of up to £35,000 pa depending on experience, plus benefits is on offer. To apply for the role of Raw Materials Buyer please click apply now or feel free to call Mark Clarke directly on 01744 452032 between 8 am and 5pm or 07391 869485 outside of these hours.