https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Receptionist / Administrator / Switchboard Operator required immediately for a 6-12 month contract position in the Knutsford, Cheshire area. Salary is £16,000 – £18,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications). The basic working week is 37.5 hours (8:30am – 5:00pm Mon – Fri). Applicants must be organised, have excellent communication skills (verbal and written), fully competent on MS Office and recent experience of working on a switchboard / telephone exchange.
Job Purpose: To answer a multi-line switchboard quickly (ideally within 4 rings) and direct calls to their destination without delay. Greeting customers, answering questions, announcing calls or providing directions are secondary objectives. The key to the role is in always performing the role in a way that positively affects the customer’s perception or call/visit experience.
Key duties of the successful Receptionist / Secretary / Switchboard Operator include:
- Answer high volume of calls to the required standard, direct calls as necessary and ensure that the switchboard is shut down correctly at the end of each day.
- Log information on calls received, where required and maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Maintain and update continuously a log of the availability of staff likely to receive inbound calls.
- Before 9.30am each day, produce a list of expected visitors to the business with details of their expected time of arrival and who they are visiting.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Prepare all mail and parcels for collection and handle mail deliveries and collections as required.
- Maintain a clean and tidy Reception area.
- Manage all bookings for hire cars and use of pool cars
- Undertake additional administrative tasks as required for other departments e.g. filing, driving licence checks, etc.
- Assist customers & colleagues with problems that arise offering practical & appropriate solutions
- Pursue personal development of skills & knowledge necessary for professional performance.
- Adhere to H&S policies and procedures and carry out all activities in a manner which is responsible and safe to yourself and others.
To be suitable for this Receptionist / Administrator / Switchboard Operator role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Recent Receptionist / Administrator / Switchboard Operator experience
- Maths and English GCSE grade C or above
- To be fully competent with MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook
- Attention to detail and accurate production of documentation at all times
- Ability to follow work procedures and instructions within a fast paced environment
The ideal Receptionist / Telephone Operator will have the following experience / characteristics:
- BTEC / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Business Admin
- Recently worked for a manufacturing, production or engineering company.
- Recent experience of working on a busy switchboard
Key words: Receptionist, Administrator, Switchboard Operator, Administration, Secretary, Front Office, Front Desk, Admin, Telephone Operator, Administrative Support Clerk, Clerical, Customer Services Engineering, Manufacturing, Engineering, Knutsford, Altrincham, Northwich, Warrington, Cheshire
The successful Receptionist / Secretary / Switchboard Operator will need to be organised, self-motivated, able to work under pressure and to deadlines, assertive, possess a strong work ethic and able to work as part of a team. The successful applicant will need to have a practical approach to work along with the relevant qualifications / experience.
If you are interested in Receptionist / Secretary / Switchboard Operator role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.