Job title: Refractory Services Technician
Location: St Helens
Salary: £37,000 Per annum (Dependant on experience)
We’re looking for a talented Refractory Services Technician to work for our client.
They want to recruit someone with demonstrable experience of furnaces or in the field of refractory in terms of design or materials.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for.
As the Refractory Services Technician you will be primarily responsible for carrying out detailed furnace inspections and maintenance audits, ensuring all furnaces are kept to our high standards.
In the job you’ll be tasked with the following:
– Ambassador of Safety: Construction, commissioning, and maintenance activities
– Risk Assessment
– Method Statements / Safe Systems of Work
– Behavioural standards and promote a positive safety culture
– Furnace maintenance: working in elevated temperatures.
– Key Refractory spares and assemblies as required, utilising specialist machinery in our machine workshop facility
– When suitably trained, be deployed to instruct and oversee a diverse array of contractors, working shifts on activities and projects supported by the department in the UK and overseas.
– Carrying out detailed furnace inspections and maintenance audits, ensuring all furnaces are kept to our high standards.
– Carrying out detailed assessments of furnaces and take personal responsibility for the quality of work
– Inspection reports
– Construction Risk Assessment/Analysis
– Presentation of material
– Shift handover /toolbox talks
The standard working hours for this position are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.00am-4.06pm
You’ll need the following:
– Minimum HNC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
– Bricklaying qualifications
– Mechanical maintenance experience is desirable but not a prerequisite
– Strong understanding of business concepts
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Strong Communication skills.
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
Basic salary: dependant on experience – in the region of £37k (including on call payment)
– 25 days holiday per annum plus declared public holidays
– Bonus Scheme – based on business targets and not guaranteed
– Group Personal Pension Plan – a defined contribution scheme with Aviva with up to 8% employer contribution
– Overseas Conditions Compensation
The company works continuously to build a truly diverse and inclusive culture. They welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this role.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Refractory Services technicians role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.