http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Repair Engineer / Debug Technician (ETE / ATE) required for a permanent position in the Yateley, Hampshire area. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications) + benefits (see below). The Electrical Test Equipment Repair Engineer will be working circa 37 hours (Mon – Fri Days) plus occasional O/T
Salary & Benefits:
- Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 33 Days holiday inclusive of Bank Hols
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Occasional O/T
- Employer perks package
Purpose of Job: To be responsible for all aspects of first line repair, and calibration of power supplies. Support all UK laboratories to provide customers with a first class service
The successful Repair Engineer / Debug Technician (ETE / ATE) day to day duties will include:
- Undertake Repairs on all types of test equipment to a high standard and to the correct procedures, instructions and specifications. Maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilising the relevant business management system.
- Use electronic test / debug equipment to fault find to component level and repair electrical test equipment such as power supplies, amplifiers, oscilloscopes, calibrators, signal generators etc. to full operational condition.
- Substitution / adjustment and replacement methods, using approved parts, whole PCB boards and minor assemblies.
- Generate estimates for the repair of customer’s equipment
- Maintain the Calibration Database and filing system
- Production of Calibration Certification and repair reports
- Assist with on the job training when required of apprentices and technicians
- Assist in the development and Improvement of repair procedures
- Participate in company Inter-laboratory measurement audits
- Ensure customer satisfaction and timely turn-around on all equipment and service
- Perform other laboratory support functions as required in an efficient and orderly manner,
- Participate in external/internal audits
- Ensure that mandatory and legislative QHSE aspects of work are implemented at all times and that adequate training and dissemination of knowledge on safety and other general matters is given to staff under your control.
- Endeavour to complete all work in the required timescale, within budget and ensure proper control and accounting of work in progress is maintained and that all information required for charging the customer is available.
- Perform other laboratory support functions as required in an efficient and orderly manner
To be suitable for this Repair Engineer / Debug Technician (Electrical Test Equipment) role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Proven track record using of fault finding / repairing electrical instrumentation.
- Able to fault find down to component level using electronic test / debug equipment.
- Through hole and surface mount soldering experience.
- Able to read electronic circuit diagrams / schematics
- Electronic / Mechanical PCB Assembly.
- Good communicational and customer service skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and able to work under pressure when necessary.
- PC Literate – MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook
- Full UK driving licence
The ideal Repair Engineer / Debug Technician (ETE / ATE) will have:
- HNC or higher qualification in a relevant electrical / electronic / instrumentation engineering discipline
- Knowledge of calibration/repair practices and theories, analogue and digital circuit analysis,
- Knowledge of Windows-based and laboratory automation software,
- Experience of working within a Customer focused environment
Key words: Electronic Repair Technician, Electrical Assembly, Calibration, Mechanical Assembly, Fault Finding, Debug, Soldering, De-bug, Diagnostics, Electronics, Electrical Technician, Test & Measurement, Test and Verification, ETE, Electrical Test Equipment, ATE, Automated Test Equipment, ISO9001, ISO 17025, Quality Systems, UKAS, Electrical, Electronic, Instrumentation, Engineer, Instruments, Microwave, UHF, VHF, RF, HF, LF, High Frequency, Radio Frequency, Aerospace, Automotive, Manufacturing, Hampshire, Berkshire.
The successful Repair Engineer / Debug Technician (Electrical Test Equipment) will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in a manufacturing / calibration environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
To apply, you should be an experienced Repair Engineer / Debug Technician (ETE / ATE) please click on the apply now button to apply for this role.