https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Currently seeking a Door and Roller Shutter Engineer, to Install, maintain and repair steel doors, roller shutters, sectional, high speed and insulated doors. With proven experience working in construction/retail environments, to cover reactive and planned maintenance visits across a wide variety of retail stores, throughout the North West. Must be within a reasonable commute from Bolton approx. 30mins and also have the ability to work away from home when there is a business requirement.
Main Job Task/Duties
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain door and roller shutters equipment using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose door/component failure, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Monitor, control and deliver the companies KPI targets, ensuring that all works are managed and controlled in a cost effective and efficient manner within Health & Safety guidelines.
- Determine and promote additional work opportunities to the surveying and estimating team.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation and certification is administered correctly and that Company and Client policies and procedures are adhered to correctly.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair roller shutters/sectional/personnel doors.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent Technical Skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent client relationship skills.
- Service / Callout / Repairs & Installations organisation experience in the Door industry.
- High Speed doors. (Rapid vertical or Bi-parting)
- Insulated Sectional Doors.
- Roller Shutters.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- CSCS Card & IPAF/PASMA preferred.
- Full clean driving licence preferred.
- Electrical experience/knowledge an advantage as would automatic door experience/knowledge
Hours of work are 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday – although applicants should have a flexible approach and be prepared to work in evenings, weekends, away from home and on call outs where/when required.
Standard pay rate £10.00-£13.00 per hour depending on applicant
Overtime rate: Time and a half after 42.5 hours
Fully expensed stocked Company Van and mobile phone provided
Please click apply in the first instance if you are interested.