https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
An experienced Sales Office Supervisor is required for a long established local manufacturer of specialist products to a variety of customers and industries across Europe and the Far East.
We are seeking an individual with a proven track record in sales order processing both for UK and export customers. Due to the niche nature of the product base and the close relationship they enjoy with their customer base, customer support and after sales service is key to their continued success.
The successful applicant will in addition to an in depth knowledge of export sales, possess the ability to lead, mentor and inspire a small team of sale processing and material purchasing personnel.
A quality focussed, driven approach to work is also very important with the ability to manage the department efficiently to provide day to day sales support to customers and internally within the organisation.
The Sales Office Supervisor will work closely with other departments on site in providing support and expertise across the business units, with particular emphasis on satisfying the demands and needs of customers and in addition, creating added value. You will be expected to manage the department to meet and exceed satisfactory levels of customer service.
Your main duties will include, although not limited to:
- Provide clear and consistent leadership of the sales department.
- Deal with customer queries from the UK and abroad.
- Production of applicable documentation for export – Bills of Lading, letters of credit etc.
- Fully conversant with INCO Terms, familiar with sourcing and booking air, sea and land freight consignments and associated paperwork.
- Respond to requests for products, availability, lead times and prices as well as delivery dates.
- Ensure that business targets are met.
- Manage electronic and paper filing systems.
- Use a range of office software including email, spreadsheets and databases to ensure the efficient running of the office.
To be considered for the role, you will ideally have the following experience, skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Experience in a similar role.
- Proven track record in sales order management and administration.
- Freight forwarding knowledge – familiarisation with Incoterms.
- Air, sea and road freight experience.
- An excellent telephone manner.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work within a team in a busy office environment.
- Driven, with the tenacity to get the job done.
- Strong integrity.
- Confident, professional with a ‘can do’ attitude.
On offer is salary of £25,000 pa + Bonus + Contributory Pension Scheme. To apply for the role of Sales Office Supervisor please click apply now or feel free to call Mark Clarke directly on 01744 452032 between 8 am and 5pm or 07391 869485 outside of these hours.