https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Screening Nurse /Treatment Nurse – Liverpool – Ongoing Contract
Working for this long established manufacturing/engineering organisation. As the Screening Nurse / Treatment Nurse you will participate in the provision of the occupational health service. This is a full time position working days, with flexible working hours available
- Registered General Nurse with minimum two years post registration to include experience in accident and emergency or occupational health or community nursing.
- Basic computer skills
- Confidence to work alone and make decisions
Duties and Responsibilities
Provision of specific nursing functions, to include:
- Treatment of illnesses and injuries, respond to plant emergency calls and provide a follow up service when required.
- Make recommendations regarding work placements following accidents or illness and issue temporary restrictions.
- Perform health surveillance and health screening in line with company and statutory requirements
- Undertake health promotion events.
- Check and maintain emergency medical equipment and drugs.
- Have a working knowledge of all emergency equipment, including defibrillator.
- Make appropriate referrals to senior occupational health advisor or physician.
To undertake the following, with the equipment provided :
- Blood glucose estimation
- Cholesterol screening
- Vision Screening
- Maintenance of accurate and confidential records
Must be prepared to participate in any in-house training as required as it will be offered in the above areas
To apply for the role Screening Nurse / Treatment Nurse – please click apply now.