https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW Recruitment are working in partnership with a West Yorkshire based manufacturer looking to add a number of semi skilled Fitters to their team on a permanent basis. The company are market leader in the design, development and manufacture of high-speed can making machinery, with an $8.5bn turnover, a reputation for excellence and operations in 41 countries. They have a confirmed order book for the next 2 years!!
To assist in the assembly of machinery and equipment with the use of engineering drawings, machine build books and SOP’s, producing quality work to the required standard in a safe manner following CMB procedures.
- To work with in the company’s Health and safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in the assembly and testing of can making equipment to meet customer requirements.
- Receive and undertake non-complex tasks and work instructions given by skilled team mates or supervisors.
- Ensure all documentation is up to date and legible
- Ensure workplace standards are adhered to and meet company 6’s standards and the area is audited as and when required.
- Carry out Operator Asset Care tasks.
- Report any hazards that may cause harm to yourself or a colleague
- Carry out any cleaning pit-stops at the proposed time efficiently and effectively
- Escalate any tooling, drawing, routings and machine Faults
- Participate in investigations to determine non-conformance (5Y/8D)
- Document any data relevant to associated tasks
- Ensure that Stock control procedures are adhered to at all times
- Participate in any continuous improvement initiatives and provide constructive feedback to the improvement team
- Communicate with operators from other shifts and carry out effective end of shift handovers
- Be flexible and move to other areas you are trained as and when the business needs dictate.
- To have a can do attitude and embrace change within the company.
- Non-complex tasks examples:
- Building Sub assembly’s using standard sop’s and fixtures.
- Preparing components for painting (washing and masking)
- Preparing painted components prior to assembly, such as re-tapping, reaming and cleaning machine surfaces.
- Marking off, drilling and tapping.
- Fitting exterior equipment: examples include nameplates, labels, guard switches, guarding, hydraulic hoses, auxiliary pumps.
- Routing steel and nylon pipework as directed.
- Unpacking parts and equipment
- Fitting of non-electrical machine services prior to testing.
- Using sealants as directed.
- Non-electrical stripping of machines prior to despatch.
- Assisting in the loading and unloading of equipment onto wagons as directed.
- To complete all shift Documentation as required during assembly of component.
- A safety first mind-set
- A team player with good communication skills
- Organised, methodical and able to work under their own initiative
- Flexibility, commitment and a willingness to learn new skills . Prepared to inconvenience oneself to meet the needs of the business
- Hand Skills
- Quality systems and procedures.
- Problem solving, Mechanical and technical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic Lean principles
- Prior experience of assembly fitting/hand skills are essential.
- Mechanical and Technical Flexibility
- Ability to work unsupervised
£22800 per annum
Monday to Thursday 7:30-4:15 pm and Friday 7:30-1:00 pm
Long term job security
If you are interested in this role, please apply now.