Semi Skilled Fitter required in Shipley, West Yorkshire.
To assist in the assembly of machinery and equipment with the use of engineering drawings, machine build books and SOP’s, producing quality work to the required standard in a safe manner following CMB procedures.
- To work with in the company’s Health and safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in the assembly and testing of can making equipment to meet customer requirements.
- Receive and undertake non-complex tasks and work instructions given by skilled team mates or supervisors.
- Ensure all documentation is up to date and legible
- Ensure workplace standards are adhered to and meet company 6’s standards and the area is audited as and when required.
- Carry out Operator Asset Care tasks.
- Report any hazards that may cause harm to yourself or a colleague
- Carry out any cleaning pit-stops at the proposed time efficiently and effectively
- Escalate any tooling, drawing, routings and machine Faults
- Participate in investigations to determine non-conformance (5Y/8D)
- Document any data relevant to associated tasks
- Ensure that Stock control procedures are adhered to at all times
- Participate in any continuous improvement initiatives and provide constructive feedback to the improvement team
- Communicate with operators from other shifts and carry out effective end of shift handovers
- Be flexible and move to other areas you are trained as and when the business needs dictate.
- To have a can do attitude and embrace change within the company.
- Non-complex tasks examples:
- Building Sub assembly’s using standard sop’s and fixtures.
- Preparing components for painting (washing and masking)
- Preparing painted components prior to assembly, such as re-tapping, reaming and cleaning machine surfaces.
- Marking off, drilling and tapping.
- Fitting exterior equipment: examples include nameplates, labels, guard switches, guarding, hydraulic hoses, auxiliary pumps.
- Routing steel and nylon pipework as directed.
- Unpacking parts and equipment
- Fitting of non-electrical machine services prior to testing.
- Using sealants as directed.
- Non-electrical stripping of machines prior to despatch.
- Assisting in the loading and unloading of equipment onto wagons as directed.
- To complete all shift Documentation as required during assembly of component.
- A safety first mind-set
- A team player with good communication skills
- Organised, methodical and able to work under their own initiative
- Flexibility, commitment and a willingness to learn new skills . Prepared to inconvenience oneself to meet the needs of the business
- Hand Skills
- Quality systems and procedures.
- Problem solving, Mechanical and technical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic Lean principles
- Prior experience of assembly fitting/hand skills are essential.
- Mechanical and Technical Flexibility
- Ability to work unsupervised
Salary of £22,800 per annum + Annual Bonus
This is a fixed term 12 month contract, which has the potential to be extended. The annual salary will be £22,800 the hours are 37.5 per week, bonus pro rata which has paid out up to 2k for the past 2 years, Westfield Health Care and Pension.
The hours of work are 7:30 – 4:15 Mon to Thurs and 1 pm finish on Fridays