https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Semi-skilled Sheet Metal Fabricator / Bandsaw / Vertical Cutting Machine Operator required ASAP for a permanent role in Knutsford, WA16 Area. Applicants should have recent experience of operating Bandsaw / Vertical Cutting Machine to cut metals such as carbon / stainless steel and aluminium. Will also undertake daily stores / stock control duties. The salary is £17,500 – £18,500 (dependent on experience and qualifications) + occasional O/T and excellent benefits (see below). The basic working week is 40 hours (Mon – Fri 8.00am – 4.30pm).
Salary & Benefits:-
- £17,500 – £18,500 (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays – increasing 1 day per year to max of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Yearly Bonus (Availability of bonus depends on company performance and is discretionary)
- Company pension
- 30 minutes lunch and 2 x 15 minute breaks.
- Rest room with TV, drinks & snacks machine, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service.
- O/T at 1.5x Midweek & weekends
Job Objective: To cut raw materials using the appropriate equipment in accordance with drawings and specifications and provide to the Machines Shop in order to meet production deadlines. To effectively inspect and maintain stock levels of appropriate raw materials.
The successful Semi-skilled Sheet Metal Fabricator / Bandsaw / Vertical Cutting Machine Operative day to day duties will include:
- Receive and inspect materials ensuring that they meet the required specification and report any anomalies to Purchasing / Team Leader.
- Book inspected materials into stock using bespoke MRP stock control software.
- Ensure raw materials are stored safely and appropriately on the day of receipt
- Maintain accurate stock levels on a daily basis by updating stock control software following the issue of materials
- Ensure that Purchasing/Team Leader is made aware immediately of any material shortages
- Prepare a perpetual inventory report for materials
- Participate in annual and mid-year stock taking activities
- Undertake safety checks of cutting room equipment prior to use, promptly reporting any defects or concerns to the Team Leader
- Cut raw materials using the appropriate equipment in accordance with drawings and specifications to meet production deadlines
- Assist colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and appropriate solutions
- If appropriately trained, undertake pre-use checks of the FLT, promptly reporting any defects or concerns to the Team Leader
- If appropriately trained, operate the FLT in a safe manner
- Provide cover for Stores
To be suitable for this Semi-skilled Fabricator / Sheet Metal Worker / Band Saw Operator role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Must have recent experience of fabricating metals such as cutting, grinding and polishing.
- Recently operated a Bandsaw / Vertical Cutting Machine to cut metals such as carbon / stainless steel and aluminium. Part completion of apprenticeship, qualifications or training in Sheet Metal Fabrication / Welding.
- The ability to read engineering drawings and use dimensional measuring equipment to measure fabricated parts.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
The ideal Semi-skilled Fabricator / Sheet Metal Worker / Metal Cutting Operator will have the following experience / characteristics:
- Time served / completed apprenticeship in engineering, sheet metal or fabrication environment.
- Fabrication and welding on stainless steel and aluminium.
- Previous experience of operating press brake, punch press and guillotine.
- Able to TIG & MIG weld to a good standard, previously coded.
- Previous stores / stock control experience.
- Current or lapsed FLT C/B licence.
Key Words: Fabricator, Sheet Metal Worker, Fabrication, Plasma, Bandsaw, Sheetmetal, Metal Cutting Operative, Stores, Stock Control, Semi-Skilled, Junior, Apprentice, Trainee, FLT CB, Manufacturing, Production, MRP, SYSPRO, Assembly, Food, Pharmaceutical, Permanent, Knutsford, Warrington, Cheshire.
The successful Semi-skilled Fabricator / Sheet Metal Worker / Bandsaw Operator will need to be flexible as there may be other duties not mentioned. Applicants should have previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Semi-skilled Fabricator / Sheet Metal Worker / Band Saw Operator role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.