https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Semi-skilled Sheet Metal Fabricator / Bandsaw / Vertical Cutting Machine Operator required ASAP for Permanent / Temp to Perm role in Knutsford Area. Applicants should have recent experience of operating Bandsaw / Vertical Cutting Machine to cut metals such as carbon / stainless steel and aluminium. Will also undertake daily stores / stock control duties. The pay rate is £8-9/hr and the basic working week is Mon – Fri, 8.00am – 4.30pm (plus occasional O/T).
The successful Semi-skilled Sheet Metal Fabricator / Bandsaw / Vertical Cutting Machine Operative day to day duties will include:
- Receive and inspect materials ensuring that they meet the required specification and report any anomalies to Purchasing / Team Leader.
- Book inspected materials into stock using SYSPRO
- Ensure raw materials are stored safely and appropriately on the day of receipt
- Maintain accurate stock levels on a daily basis by updating SYSPRO following the issue of materials
- Ensure that Purchasing/Team Leader is made aware immediately of any material shortages
- Prepare a perpetual inventory report for materials
- Participate in annual and mid-year stock taking activities
- Undertake safety checks of cutting room equipment prior to use, promptly reporting any defects or concerns to the Team Leader
- Cut raw materials using the appropriate equipment in accordance with drawings and specifications to meet production deadlines
- Assist colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and appropriate solutions
- If appropriately trained, undertake pre-use checks of the FLT, promptly reporting any defects or concerns to the Team Leader
- If appropriately trained, operate the FLT in a safe manner
- Provide cover for Stores
To be suitable for this Semi-skilled Fabricator / Sheet Metal Worker / Bandsaw Operator role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Must have recent experience of fabricating metals such as cutting, grinding and polishing.
- Recently operated a Bandsaw / Vertical Cutting Machine to cut metals such as carbon / stainless steel and aluminium.Part completion of apprenticeship, qualifications or training in Sheet Metal Fabrication / Welding.
- The ability to read engineering drawings and use dimensional measuring equipment to measure fabricated parts.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
The ideal Semi-skilled Fabricator / Sheet Metal Worker / Metal Cutting Operator will have the following experience / characteristics:
- Time served / completed apprenticeship in engineering, sheet metal or fabrication environment.
- Fabrication and welding on stainless steel and aluminium.
- Previous experience of operating press brake, punch press and guillotine.
- Able to TIG & MIG weld to a good standard, previously coded.
- Previous stores / stock control experience.
- Current or lapsed FLT C/B licence.
Key Words: Fabricator, Sheet Metal Worker, Fabrication, Plasma, Bandsaw, Sheetmetal, Metal Cutting Operative, Stores, Stock Control, Semi-Skilled, Apprentice, Trainee, FLT CB, Manufacturing, Production, Assembly, Food, Pharmaceutical, Knutsford, Warrington, Cheshire.
The successful Semi-skilled Fabricator / Sheet Metal Worker / Bandsaw Operator will need to be flexible as there may be other duties not mentioned. Applicants should have previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Semi-skilled Fabricator / Sheet Metal Worker / Bandsaw Operator role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.