http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Senior Buyer required on a permanent basis for a world leading manufacturing business based in Lytham.
As the Senior Buyer you will lead, facilitate and pro-actively drive all supply chain activities ensuring that all business activities are ethical, whilst ensuring best practice and adherence to all policies (HS&E, quality policies and procedures)
- Proven experience in purchasing management covering a diverse global supply base
- Proven experience of driving both new and existing accounts, whilst maintaining competitiveness
- Manage supplier schedules based on customer demand, ensuring availability of materials, supplier manufacturing capacity and OTD
- Deal with conflicting demands in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Discuss stocking plans and policies with suppliers
- Monitor supplier performance and drive improvement
- Ensure company trading terms and obligations are met
- Seek to improve creditor days
- Possess a passionate and tenacious approach to service, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and coordinate activities through all departments – good relationship builder both internal and external
- Excellent negotiator
- Excellent numerical skills – understand cost and cost reduction opportunities – financially astute
- Good analytical approach to prioritising opportunities
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure, prioritise and multi task
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- IT literate – Competent in the use of ERP/MRP systems and Microsoft suite
You’ll need to be an experienced Buyer with a comprehensive knowledge of purchasing tools and techniques. From a technical background you’ll need a strong understanding of engineering principles. Candidates with a background in a highly regulated industry, e.g. Medical, Automotive, Aerospace Oil & Gas or similar would be ideal. You will also need CIPS or APICS qualifications, the ability to work under pressure with a strong personality.
In the role of Senior Buyer you will
- Maintain proactive, dynamic and effective communication with suppliers at all times
- Source new component suppliers
- Ensure schedules are accurate and controlled with the suppliers on a weekly basis and despatch plans are aligned
- Monitor OTD’s and analyse and report the root cause of any late deliveries
- Take charge of the specialist suppliers, raising purchase orders and expediting
- Manage subcontracted material sourcing and supply – Order placement, Inventory Management, Supply Scheduling and Fulfilment.
- Work with quality on any defect components
- Represent the business in a professional manner at all times
- Deliver ‘cost down’ activities – in line with margin expectations
- Take ownership of inventory levels and integrate with ERP system schedules
- Drive to and exceed KPI targets – delivering timely communications to management team including: key measures – events – supplier activities.
- Deal with queries on pricing and shortage issues
- Contribute to all applicable production meetings
- Ensure all required documentation is accurately completed and recorded
- Communicate any shortfalls to expectations with recovery plans.
- Carry out reasonable requests and any other related duties as may be required.
The salary on offer is negotiable based on experience, to apply for the role of Senior Buyer please click apply now or call Mark Clarke at GPW on 01744452032