https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
To provide leadership and management to the relevant section of the Purchasing team. To ensure that all the team members are working efficiently and that specific targets are met in a safe, and cost effective manner to suit the business requirements.
* Maintaining a safe working environment.
* Ensuring best value for money when arranging purchases and procurements for the business.
* Maintaining relationships with key suppliers which will involve on site meetings and visits to the suppliers site.
* Ensuring the supply chain is capable of supplying to the required quality and satisfying the delivery requirements of the business.
* Monitoring of supplier performance with regard to Quality, Price, Delivery and Service levels.
* Ensuring weekly, daily tasks are carried out within the team, ensuring cover is provided in all areas.
* Monitoring the daily lists and schedules ensuring orders are placed on time and where required, re-scheduled to satisfy customer requirements.
* Resolving purchasing related problems as and when they arise.
* Monitoring staff performance and carrying out periodic appraisals and reviews with team members.
* Identifying area’s where training of team members may be required to ensure employees are working to the latest legislative and legal requirements.
* Support and advise team members as and when required.
* Develop, maintain and advise on ‘best practice’ processes and procedures within Purchasing.
* Provide guidance and advice on all aspects of the procurement process including contract terms.
* Commercial agreements, Supplier KPI’s, supply risk assessment and negotiation. S
* To uphold and promote ethical business practises with a view to maintaining the highest standard of Integrity in all business relationships.
* Implementation of the company sickness and absence policies including the return to work Interviews.
* Disciplinary management, including investigation and delivery of appropriate disciplinary sanctions.
* Assist in communicating company messages and briefings verbally, via E-mail and in presentations.
* Provide cover for Purchasing Manager, Senior Buyers and team members as and when required.
* Provide information as requested by other departments relevant to the purchasing function.
* Must have proven experience of working in a relevant Purchasing position as part of a team and being able to lead.
* Proven experience of working in a busy department and used to working to deadlines.
* Experience of working in an Engineering environment being able to interpret drawings.
* Experience of Casting / Machining / Fabrications processes as well as procuring Electrical components