The Senior Commercial Manager reports to the Lead Commercial Manager/ Head of Project Services and provides complete contract management services for the client, according to the needs and the stage of a specific project. Working closely with all functions, they will support pre-contract and contract execution phases, mimimising risks and maximizing opportunities, whilst ensuring accuracy of forecasts in line with company policies and procedures.
In conjunction with the Lead Commercial Manager/ Head of Project Services, the Senior Commercial Manager will develop a Commercial Team appropriate to the scale and phase of the portfolio of tenders and contracts. This will include establishing clear roles, responsibilities, accountabilities and objectives for each member of the team. Reviewing individual progress against accountabilities on a monthly basis and at formally annual and quarterly reviews and establishing individual training plans and ensuring training and development commitments are carried out in a timely manner so that the team is fully resourced with competent and experienced people.
- Management and oversight of the entire contract management process serving as point of contact for customers for any contractual matters, both in the pre-contract and contract execution phases.
- Development of the UK commercial and contracts management team including planning, recruitment, training, day to day management and performance evaluation.
- Supporting the Marketing & Strategies Unit with Bid/No-Bid decisions and bidding strategies.
- Drafting, evaluation, negotiation and guidance on confidentiality agreements, cooperation agreements with partners, contracts with customers, requests for contract/agreement amendments.
- Working with assigned bid teams and the company’s Legal Dept to analyse the contractual terms & conditions proposed by Customers, assuring accuracy and appropriateness of contract texts and schedules, ensuring that proposals are aligned to company’s policies and procedures.
- Identifying the potential “deal breakers” according to the company’s policy, proposing possible deviations to mitigate contractual/economic risks.
- Preparation of a detailed Risk Analysis for each tender with overall responsibility for presenting the output to the Delegated Authority for final approval.
- Establishment, discussion and negotiation with customers and partners of the contractual agreements and clauses.
- Leading the contract review / order acceptance process through to final sign-off.
- Provision of the necessary resources, skills and processes for contract negotiations, change management, processing of claims, tracking of EWN/ CEs, dispute resolution and internal reporting.
- Minimising risks and maximising opportunities during contract execution phase; Management and reporting of a suite of Key Performance Indicators that measures the key parameters of contract performance.
- Development, training, audit and continuous improvement of standard commercial and contracts management processes and procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree qualified, with extensive commercial experience working for EPC organisations within a highly regulated industry
- Extensive experience developing complex tenders within multi-disciplined bid teams
- Specific experience in dealing with contractual matters and interfacing with legal departments
- Experience with most common forms of contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major projects and programme environment; with particular knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential.
- Good working knowledge of typical IT project tools (Microsoft Office, Primavera etc)
- Dynamism, aptitude for problem solving and team work, practicality, reliability, flexibility, and results oriented; Good communication skills and interpersonal relations at all levels
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to secure the required outcomes when dealing with people; Good planning and organizational skills
- Professional memberships an advantage but not essential
If the Senior Commercial Manager role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW or press APPLY NOW!