http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are loking for a Senior CS&A Engineer with SC Clearance to work on a 6 month minimum contract (possibly going longer) in the Oxford area.
Rate is c£45-50 Ltd per hour.
Senior CS&A Engineer Role overview:
Definition and distribution of the scope of work to ensure that all work is executed safely, on time and at appropriate levels of quality. Delivery of all design and engineering to meet the requirements of Design Reviews and HAZOPs within Project procedures. Supervision of less experienced engineering employees, engineering resource management and interviews.
Key responsibilities as a Senior CS&A Engineer…
- Design, Specification, Procurement, Supply/Manufacture Liaison, Installation, Acceptance Testing, Commissioning and Operator Training in Nuclear Engineering Projects
- Liaison with multi disciplines
- Technical Consultancy
- Project Management including quality, progress and cost control including documentation
- Sales Support and Customer care
- Manage Contractors and Sub Contractors, Staff Development
- Manage safety by developing and reinforcing the safety culture, compliance with safety regulations (eg. CDM and CE marking), and the application of safety systems
Position of the Senior CS&A Engineer within the organisation:
- Reporting to Principal Engineers with ultimate line management responsibilities being with the Chief Engineer within your discipline
- Reports to Principal Engineer, Team Leader or Department Manager
- Normally supervises a design or project team of up to 5 engineering staff, although the team may be supplemented by staff from elsewhere.
- Responsible for the allocation of work and managing quality, progress and cost of the work carried out within the project
- Responsible for managing project subcontracts
- Regularly interacts with clients and managers of other engineering disciplines
- Responsible for communications within project team on your allotment of the project
- Degree qualified in a relevant technical / engineering discipline or demonstrable experience
- A full UK driver’s licence
- Working towards Chartered Engineer status (where applicable)
- Experience in the Nuclear industry
- Demonstrable competence in a design/delivery position within a project based environment
- Understanding of design requirements to support nuclear safety cases
- Experience of managing sub-contracts
- Knowledge of safety regulations including CDM
- Experience of checking design documentation including drawings and supporting calculations
- Experience and/or ability of leading a technical team within a professional project delivery environment
- Organisation & Collaborations skills
- Demonstrable expertise in working to tight deadlines
- Quality & service driven attitude
- High level of commercial awareness
- Experience of leading design teams
- Chartered Engineer and candidates nearing chartership are preferred. Membership to appropriate institutions is preferred e.g. CIBSE, MIMechE
If the Senior CS&A Engineer – SC Cleared role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!