https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Senior Dimensional Calibration Engineer / Mechanical Calibration Team Leader / UKAS Signatory is required immediately for a permanent position in the Derby / Nottingham area. Competitive salary (dependent on experience and qualifications) The Dimensional Calibration Engineer will be working circa 37 – 40 hours (Usually Mon – Fri Days) + occasional O/T.
The client may also consider Mechanical Quality Engineers / Standard Room Inspectors with extensive dimensional / mechanical calibration experience and are looking to progress to a more senior role with long-term career prospects.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 25 Days holiday + B/Hols
- Company Pension + life assurance
- Sick Pay after qualifying period
- Employee perks package
- Occasional O/T
Primary Purpose of Job: Responsible for the calibration of a wide range of dimensional metrology and give guidance and training of other staff. As a senior member of the calibration team, this role requires commitment to proactive involvement in process efficiency and cost reduction and the furthering of the company’s commercial success.
The successful Senior Calibration Engineer / Calibration Team Leader day to day duties will include:
- Calibration of mechanical measuring equipment – (micrometers, callipers, height gauges, torque wreches, torque screw drivers, gauge blocks, plain plugs, screw plugs, spline gauges etc.)
- Dimensional and surface finish checks / calibration of specialist products, volumetric / flow measurment tools and fixtures / tooling using first principle methods
- Maintain the calibration database / certification, filing system and associated files to auditable standards.
- Provide on the job training and mentoring at all levels as and when required
- Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures
- Participate in external/internal audits as and when required by Quality Manager in laboratory and onsite
- Comply with company HSEQ guidelines and train and distribute to staff under your supervision.
- Aim to complete all work within the budgeted costs and target dates and ensure proper control and accounting of work in progress is maintained and that all information required for charging the customer is available.
- Support process improvement and functional development
- Be proactive in continuous improvement initiatives
To be suitable for this Senior Mechanical / Dimensional Calibration Engineer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline such as NVQ L3 / BTEC etc.
- Must have previous experience of calibrating a wide range of dimensional and mechanical measuring devices to in-house or national / traceable standards.
- Able to interpret engineering drawings with a good understanding of GD&T and 1st principle measurement techniques.
- Highly organised, with high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Comfortable working to imperial and metric measurements
- Good communicational skills (oral, reading and writing)
- Must be PC Literate (MS Word & MS Excel), able to use computerised calibration records / spreadsheets, able to import / export data and alter / use formulas on spreadsheets, pivot tables etc.
The ideal Senior Dimensional Calibration Engineer / Mechanical Calibration Team Leader will have:
- Completed a relevant mechanical or quality engineering apprenticeship.
- Previous experience as a Dimensional Head of Laboratory / Mechanical Calibration Supervisor / Team Leader.
- Recent experience of calibrating dimensional and mechanical measuring devices to ISO 17025 standards.
- Held or currently a UKAS signatory, working knowledge of quality systems ISO 17025 UKAS Audits.
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline ideally equivalent to HNC or higher.
- Calibration / Metrology / NPL qualifications / training.
- Ability to read, understand and create uncertainty budgets.
- Experience of staff training / mentoring.
- Calibration / Metrology / NPL qualifications.
- Knowledge of Windows-based laboratory automation software MetCAL, InGAGE, ProCal, SureCal etc.
- Experience of working within customer focused environment.
Key words: Calibration, Head of Laboratory, Management, Calibration Team Leader, Test and Verification, Calibrating, Measurement, Calibrate, Metrology, ISO17025, UKAS, NPL, Dimensional, Mechanical, Engineer, Toolmaker, Inspector, Technician, Standards Room, Quality Engineer, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, Loughborough, Derby, Nottingham, Derbyshire, East Midlands
The successful Senior Calibration Engineer / Calibration Team Leader will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in a calibration / manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Senior Calibration Engineer role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.