https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are currently recruiting for a Senior EC&I Engineer to be based in Harwell on a contract basis.
A vacancy has arisen for a Senior EC&I Engineer to work within the UK business at our Harwell office.
Senior EC&I Engineer
Main purpose of the role:
- The Engineer is principally a hands-on design based role with a degree of team leadership within discipline
- Delivery of all discipline design and engineering to meet the requirements of the Concept Design Review & Preliminary Design Review Gate
- Engineers are the main interface between senior management and hands-on design
- Prepare supporting design calculations and specifications to substantiate design.
Key responsibilities as a Senior EC&I Engineer
- Development of designs to satisfy technical specifications, in liaison with client and project team.
- Check standard design calculations of designers and other engineers within the team.
- Actively contribute to design reviews, safety reviews (Risk Assessments and HAZOP’s) from technical standpoint.
- Produce design documentation throughout the design process including scope of works; design calculations; method statements; risk assessments; technical files and other technical documentation to comply with design standards; safety legislation / regulatory requirements and the needs of the client.
- Ensure quality and delivery of design documentation throughout the design phases.
- Compliance with safety and statutory regulations (e.g. CDM; CE etc).
- Develop cost effective technical solutions.
- Demonstrable competence gained in a design delivery position.
- Design delivery in discipline specific area through conceptual; preliminary and detail design phases.
- Knowledge of design standards and design based risk assessment would be an advantage.
Position of the Senior EC&I Engineer within the organisation:
- Reports to Principal Engineer
- Normally manage a project involving a team of up to 3 engineering staff, although team may be supplemented from elsewhere.
- Responsible for managing quality, progress and cost of the work undertaken by their team.
- Maybe responsible for managing project subcontracts.
- Interacts with engineers of other disciplines internally and externally.
Responsible for communications within project team
Ideally you will have the following skills, qualifications experience and attributes…
- Preferably degree qualified within a relevant area of the discipline though not essential. Minimum HNC qualification or equivalent gained within a relevant area of the discipline.
- SC Cleared
- Membership of a discipline specific Institute (e.g. I MechE; I Structural Eng; CIBSE; IChemE etc).
- Degree Qualified in a relevant technical/engineering discipline.
- Registered with discipline specific Engineering Council.