We are looking for a Senior EC&I Engineer to work on a 6 month minimum contract in the nuclear industry. The role will be split between working from home and also attending sites in North Cumbria.
Rate is £42 Umbrella per hour (or PAYE equivalent).
Our client is ideally seeking candidates with current SC Clearance but will consider candidates with BPSS.
- Experience with 2D CAD design packages, preferable AutoCAD.
- A working knowledge of the relevant safety legislation and quality and environmental standards.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplined team.
- Technical and design calculations.
- Involvement with the build, installation, commissioning and operational support of plant-based equipment and inactive development test rigs.
- Development of prototype equipment and processes through to supply of end products.
- Preparation of product safety related documentation, e.g. risk assessments, method statements, operation & maintenance manuals.
- Comply with all legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and procedures e.g. safety, quality, risk, security etc. applicable to the role, including those required for CE marking.
- To provide electrical, control & instrumentation engineering consultancy and support for remotely operable systems and equipment for the nuclear industry.
- Liaison with suppliers and manufacturers, initiation and progression of the procurement process including production of procurement specifications through to delivery and inspection.
- Design, installation and commission of inactive test rig electrical building services.
- Survey and document plant-based equipment and systems including electrical building services.
If the role could be of interest to you, please either call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!