http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW Recruitment are working in partnership with a global aerospace manufacturing company based in Darwen who are looking to add a Senior Estimating Engineer to their team.
Summary of Role:
To support business winning efforts by managing the receipt, preparation, approval and submission of responses to customer enquiries for aerospace structural components, assemblies and tooling involving the following:
- Carbon composites and glass fibre details and assemblies
- Flat and formed metallic details
- Metallic fabricated assemblies
- Routing and 5-axis machining of carbon composites, glass fibre and metallic sheet details
- Protective treatments
- Metal to metal bonding
- Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and Tooling.
- Manage the receipt, preparation, approval and submission of customer enquiries
- Interpret customer models, drawings, Bill of Materials and specifications including powerpoint and schematic presentations/sketches as well as hard copy drawings to build a complete BOM for each quotation
- Develop the Statement of Work (SoW) for each quotation
- Identify the operational processes required for each quotation such as lay-up, curing, machining, fabrication, assembly and protective treatments to enable accurate cost compilation
- Liaison with suppliers to ascertain prices
- Liaison with customers to clarify any details where necessary
- Preparation of accurate cost estimates in terms of materials, labour etc. along with the Bases of Estimate
- Ensure all enquiries and quotations produced are entered correctly in to the computer system
- Ensure the customer requirements are fully understood and the most cost effective solution is quoted.
- Manage the day to day workload of other estimators to balance workload and avoid delays
- Prepare approval data packs for review by senior management at Gate Reviews
- Prepare response documentation in line with customer requirements and company guidelines
- Provide support to the business development effort as required.
To be suitable for the position, you should have the following experience:
* Engineering trade qualification at HNC level or equivalent
* Cost estimating relevant processes in an aerospace manufacturing environment
* Ability to understand & extract key information from engineering drawings & Bills of Material
* Ability to manipulate arithmetic data with high degree of accuracy in time-limited situations
* Computer literate – advanced level Excel knowledge
If you are interested in this position, please click apply now.