Senior Flood Risk Engineer
- Are you a Senior Flood Risk Engineer looking for a role where people recognise strength externally for the quality of your project delivery? Do you want the opportunity to work with all levels of Scottish Government in the delivery of high profile flood risk projects and schemes? My client is looking for a Senior Flood Risk Engineer to join their extremely busy team in the Edinburgh area. The company is in need of new staff due to the increase in work load.
- We are looking for a Senior Engineer with a wealth of experience in flood risk management, to complement the growing team in our clients Edinburgh office working on a wide range of high profile projects for SEPA and Local Authorities across Scotland.
- As well as hydrology and hydraulic modelling of the river and/or coastal environments, the role will involve outline and detailed design of flood alleviation schemes as well as providing project and construction management opportunities.
- Additional responsibilities will involve working on tender submissions, writing technical reports, client engagement and the development of the client base / new work streams in Scotland.
The Ideal Candidate
- The suitable candidate will preferably be MEng with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in flood risk schemes and recently Chartered (ICE or CIWEM) however we would accept a minimum of 3 years’ experience for exceptional candidates who are nearing Chartership.
- You should possess excellent technical report writing skills and proven communication skills.
- You will need a good understanding of design ideally gained working within the public sector.
- Experience of flood risk work in Scotland, together with government contracts would also be very advantageous.
- Basic salary up to £40,000 per year
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Opportunity to work for a leading global professional services firm
If the Senior Flood Risk Engineer role could be of interest to you, please call Liam at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!