gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Job title: Senior Graphic Designer
Start date: ASAP
Pay rate: £35,000 – £40,000 per annum plus benefits
Working for this rapidly expanding international business based in Runcorn as a Senior Graphic Designer. You will be responsible for designing and creating solutions that consistently and clearly communicate the company’s brand identity, positioning and messaging through all brand touch points and effectively communicate the strategic intent for each tactic.
- Manage Graphics workload and report into senior management with progress updates.
- Responsible for art direction and graphic design, seeing all packaging and print projects through from concept, design, production, completion and delivery.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Sales & Marketing Team on all creative projects.
- Interpret company needs and develop concepts to suit specific guidelines while working within budget constraints.
- Interface with printers and various external vendors. Direct and participate in photo shoots as needed.
- Arrange and attend retailer store visits for design ideas and competition reviews.
- Possess solid understanding of consumer behaviours and market dynamics of the retail industry in an omni-channel world.
- Possess solid presentation, listening and communication skills.
- Strong organisation and problem solving skills with the ability to manage and execute multiple projects.
- Takes direction well and be able to excel in a highly collaborative environment.
- Colour theory and colour relationships.
- Typographic terms that identify type forms and the specifications required to refer to typographic settings.
- Perspective and space relationships.
- Page composition and grid structures.
- Print production process and knowledge of production techniques.
- Photography and the photographic process.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, advertising or related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in branding, print and web design, working within an in-house creative department or other creative team environment.
- Omni-channel retail experience preferred.
- Mastered composition techniques (multi elements and interactive pieces) in producing polished final pieces.
- Comprehensive photo-retouching and image development skills.
- Experience with artwork print designs for production print rollers.
- Experience with product artwork sheets.
- Instruction manual design and layout.
- Advantageous – Experience creatively directing photoshoots.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite with experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
- 40 hours per week, with a 30-minute lunchbreak.
- 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday – discretionary 1-hour early finish on Friday.
- 22 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) rising to 26 as of 1st January 2022.
- Christmas Eve off as a gift from the Company.
- Free on-site parking.
- Target salary of £35,000 to 405,000 per year, dependent on experience.
To apply for the Senior Graphic Designer position please click apply now