We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to work on a permanwent basis for a global manufacturing company based near Skelmersdale.
Salary is c£40-50,000 per annum plus company bonus, pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank holidays, flexible working etc
The role is centred on mechanical engineering support to R&D, including all project management of internal and external resource as required, and the provision of innovative design solutions to often novel applications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of engineering projects of various size and complexity, to deliver equipment or design which is fit for purpose and complies with all relevant safety requirements / regulations, to time and cost
- Undertake a structured design process, including the maintenance of all records appropriate to the project size, risk and complexity, to support the development of new equipment, instruments or the significant modification of existing equipment
- As required, comply with the requirements of the clients Marking process where applicable such that UKCA Certificates maybe issued and legal compliance demonstrated
- As required, supervise the design work of other design engineers, ensuring fitness of purpose and health, safety and quality regulations are addressed
- Responsible for all supplier and contractor management both on and off site, during the build / installation phase
Prior experience in the leadership of project engineering and design, including the specification and procurement of equipment and services is essential. This includes the management of all internal, supplier and contractor resource during any maintenance, installation, or commissioning phase.
Applicants should possess the specific knowledge and understanding of the rules and regulations, design principles and details, materials of construction and other relevant technology associated with the development of lifting, transport, and load bearing equipment. Experience within the heavy product packaging and handling areas would be beneficial but not essential.
If the Senior Design Engineer role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!