http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Senior PDMS Designer to work on a 6 month minimum contract in the Oxford area.
Rate is c£40-42 Ltd per hour
Our client is ideally seeking candidates with a nuclear background, but will consider candidates from a highly regulated environment.
Main purpose of the role:
- To provide a PDMS design and engineering service to internal and external customers.
- To act as the main interface between senior management and hands-on design
- To provide PDMS support to live projects across Nuvia
Key responsibilities as an PDMS Designer
- Development of designs to satisfy technical specifications, primarily using PDMS,
- Prepare supporting design calculations to substantiate design
- Contribution to design reviews from technical standpoint
- Preparation of technical specifications in liaison with client and project team
- Preparation of design documentation throughout the design process
- Preparation of installation, commissioning and operating documents
- Preparation of risk assessments, technical files and other technical documentation required by safety legislation and procedures
Position of the PDMS Desinger within the organisation:
- Answering to Lead, Senior and or Principal Engineers with ultimate line management responsibilities being with the Chief Engineer within your discipline
- Reports to Senior Engineer or Design Manager
- Responsible for managing quality, progress and cost of the work undertaken by their team
- Maybe responsible for managing project sub-contracts
- Interacts with engineers of other disciplines internally and externally
- Supervises support staff
Ideally you will have the following skills, qualifications experience and attributes…
- A recognised Engineering Certificate such as HNC / HND / Degree
- Demonstrable competence gained in a design delivery position
- Knowledge of generic engineering principles
- Technical knowledge of discipline engineering systems
- Use of PDMS and AutoCad. Working to tight deadlines & a strong team player
- Nuclear experience or experience from within a regulated environment such as Defence, Pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas, Automotive, Water or Food
- Experience of supervision
- A full UK driving licence
If the Senior PDMS Designer role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!