https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Senior Piping Engineer to work on a contract role based in the Oxford area.
The Senior Piping Engineer will be working in the nuclear industry, previous nuclear industry experienced is preferred, but not essential for the role.
Rate is negotiable, depending on experience.
Definition and distribution of the scope of work to ensure that all work is executed safely, on time and at appropriate levels of quality. Delivery of all design and engineering to meet the requirements of Design Reviews and HAZOPs within Project procedures. Supervision of less experienced engineering employees, engineering resource management and interviews.
Key responsibilities as a Senior Piping Engineer…
- Development of designs to satisfy technical specifications, in liaison with client and project team
- Check standard design calculations of designers and other engineers within the team
- Actively contribute to design reviews, safety reviews (Risk Assessments and HAZOP’s
- Produce design documentation throughout the design process including scope of works; design calculations; method statements; risk assessments; technical files & other technical documentation to comply with design standards; safety legislation/regulatory requirements & needs of the client
- Ensure quality and delivery of design documentation throughout the design phases
- Compliance with safety and statutory regulations (e.g. CDM; CE etc)
- Develop cost effective technical solutions
- Demonstrable competence gained in a design delivery position
- Design delivery in discipline specific area through conceptual; preliminary and detail design phases
- Knowledge of design standards and design based risk assessment would be an advantage
Ideally you will have the following skills, qualifications experience and attributes…
- Preferably degree qualified within a relevant area of the discipline though not essential. Minimum HNC qualification or equivalent gained within a relevant area of the discipline
- Membership of a discipline specific Institute (e.g. I MechE; I Structural Eng; CIBSE; IChemE etc)
- Interfacing with CS&A / HVAC / Building Services / Process / EC&I / Mechanical functions
- Space management, relating to installation, operation, control and maintenance of plant and equipment
- Development of multi-disciplinary design packages for Design Review and HAZOP assessments
- Proven track record of successfully delivering design solutions. It is also a requirement of the position to demonstrate experience gained in a similar position ideally from a highly regulated industry. This could be from but is not limited to Defence, Pharmaceutical or Oil & Gas
- Good understanding of Statutory and safety Regulations and their appropriate utilisation
- Proven track record within a project environment with strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Customer/client liaison and strong commercial awareness
- Degree Qualified in a relevant technical/engineering discipline
- Registered with discipline specific Engineering Council
- Expertise in the nuclear industry
- Inspection, Installation, Commissioning
- Management and technical delivery of medium sized design teams in the delivery of scheme / preliminary design packages
- Experience of leading teams within a project environment would be a distinct advantage
- Management of sub-contractors providing niche services to the design
If the Senior Piping Engineer role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!